Brother to sister mating is it to close,

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Thought that's what u meant ,that's what I were saying 2 mc then he ran off and wunt come back ? 

in back blacky ? 5 oclock i have bain and half the street wanting to go out with the dogs ? head wrecked listening to kids

does it matter if there half brother sister both would take half there genes from each parent so anything hidden recessive in either would still show 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

in back blacky ? 5 oclock i have bain and half the street wanting to go out with the dogs ? head wrecked listening to kids

does it matter if there half brother sister both would take half there genes from each parent so anything hidden recessive in either would still show 

Not half siblings wouldn't as only 1 parent is the same u crow ,

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Not half siblings wouldn't as only 1 parent is the same u crow ,

but if that one parent has a bad recessive gene and  both it’s offspring get it they breed together your facked ? 

• Haha 1

Like I sed did full brother to full sister no problems at all and make top grafters.

Also done nephew to antie but can tell you the out come at the moment they are only 4 days old but seam very healthy

I went out with a very hot looking lady years ago that was from a very small town. Beautiful skin and looks but like a lot from there was very scatterbrained and dumb. I think close breeding in dogs you could get similar, they look good but there is something missing in the mind, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
53 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I went out with a very hot looking lady years ago that was from a very small town. Beautiful skin and looks but like a lot from there was very scatterbrained and dumb. I think close breeding in dogs you could get similar, they look good but there is something missing in the mind, lol.

been a few inbred familys out there in that outback over the years mate ? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Did u outcross 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

been a few inbred familys out there in that outback over the years mate ? 

My mate went to a big bushfire in an area called Pilliga Scrub years ago to fight the fires. He said people came out of the thick bush that had lived off grid for generations and no one knew they were there. He reckons they looked barely human they were that inbred. When the fires stopped they returned. That's why I would never hunt in that area of NSW in fear of being eaten or worse ? ?‍♂️.

• Haha 3

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of his parents.

A lot of what you hear about inbreeding is just that, hearsay and born out of a lack of experience and knowledge. Ignorance breeds fear.

IMG_7408.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jeemes said:

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of his parents.

A lot of what you hear about inbreeding is just that, hearsay and born out of a lack of experience and knowledge. Ignorance breeds fear.

IMG_7408.jpg

Got dogs out of 6 generations of 1/2 sister brother and one full sister brother mating ,picture of health and do what they were bred for ,but hey what do people know who keep and breed dogs this way ? it’s not right and not line breeding but inbreeding as the keyboard warriors have said it is ? 

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 8
40 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

Inbreeding won't put something there that isn't already there. If you have two sound dogs and breed them together then you will get healthy offspring.

The thing is you may not see an underlying weakness until you inbreed them. I've heard you should breed brother and sister to see any weakness in your line.