Brother to sister mating is it to close,

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Was saluki/bulls on here an about years back, they weren’t as good as coursing dog x bull grey as far as I know, don’t know what dogs where used or that tho, jist remember th being about, lad that stayed by me had a bitch out a litter

I thought I read something about the cross on here but wasn't sure Don. 

43 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Did you ever see or hear of a proper pit x saluki breeding being done, I know there's coursing bulls but I'm sure it would of been lurcher to lurcher that produced them. 

no mate coursing dog x bull grey mainly

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

How many lads actually linebreed those types though, it's probably just a one off cross that gets lost in the mix when they cross it in to something else.

Individuals of that cross make good deer dogs and are some of the best looking lurchers you can find IMO.

Individuals of many crosses make good deer dogs, but it depends what you think makes a good deer dog really don’t it? Everyone’s got different ideas there’s a lot of variety in deer

Edited by Deerhunter1
3 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

No shit mate, I'm talking about the dogs that run the bigger gear, if you drop on the right dog you'll end up with a specimen that has more in the tank than half cross or 3/4 bull greyhounds, that extra bit of stamina is a net gain if nothing else.

If we’re going to talk about bigger deer I can see this topic getting silly real quick

• Haha 1
On 28/02/2012 at 23:18, jcm said:

Exactly its just daft [bANNED TEXT] you can use other dogs that would suit what you are after

I like having linebred and inbred dogs because IMO you get a higher % of good hunting dogs, and they have the same ways about them which makes it easy with training and living with them.

5 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

If you've got any related dog or bitch, that are exactly what you require and there's nothing else out there that would suit, then you'd be a bloody fool not to put them together...

You can worry about imperfections later down the line. Some of the best dogs I've seen have been bred like this...

I suspect your talking about bull terrier lurchers which let's be honest are in a different class 

3 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

I think you have to take each circumstance in to account as well when making this type of breeding.

Say you had a line of dogs so to speak, a brother/sister mating may risk birth defects,etc, more than you'd get out of a brother/sister mating off a first outcross.

How do u mean mate

8 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

If you've got any related dog or bitch, that are exactly what you require and there's nothing else out there that would suit, then you'd be a bloody fool not to put them together...

You can worry about imperfections later down the line. Some of the best dogs I've seen have been bred like this...

They clicked and produced some very good dogs them two  as did dad to daughter in that line without any physical faults as I saw as you say paul you would be foolish not to 

• Like 1
Just now, Tick Tock said:

Meaning if you inbreed on a family of dogs you're more at risk than making that same mating off an outcross, say mating a brother and sister off a greyhound X saluki first cross for example.

Thought that's what u meant ,that's what I were saying 2 mc then he ran off and wunt come back ? 

• Haha 2