Brother to sister mating is it to close,

10 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

I think what the rule is mate the maximum times  a horse should show up 3 generations back is 3 times.

Some will breed further apart but that's as close as they will go.

I read an interview with the greyhound breeder/trainer Nick Savva once, said basically the same thing.(He wouldn't go closer than 4 x4)

• Thanks 1

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

If you've got any related dog or bitch, that are exactly what you require and there's nothing else out there that would suit, then you'd be a bloody fool not to put them together...

You can worry about imperfections later down the line. Some of the best dogs I've seen have been bred like this...

11 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

If you've got any related dog or bitch, that are exactly what you require and there's nothing else out there that would suit, then you'd be a bloody fool not to put them together...

You can worry about imperfections later down the line. Some of the best dogs I've seen have been bred like this...

I think if you’ve got any dog & bitch that are exactly what you want, then you’d be a fool not to put them together whether they were related or not. A lot of people won’t breed unrelated stuff or scatterbred stuff because it’s a gamble but tbh all breedings a gamble, if it weren’t then everyone would have top class dogs and over all my years in dogs I’ve not seen many at all 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Just to elaborate, that's 30 of the origional Arab stallions and "indigenous" mares ?

Cheers.

Not that I know much about horses, but wouldn't you expect that to be the case? 

Like saying that the 6.8billion people on the planet have the same genes as the first 2 humans that walked the earth. It's going to be the case. Just a side note ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I think if you’ve got any dog & bitch that are exactly what you want, then you’d be a fool not to put them together whether they were related or not. A lot of people won’t breed unrelated stuff or scatterbred stuff because it’s a gamble but tbh all breedings a gamble, if it weren’t then everyone would have top class dogs and over all my years in dogs I’ve not seen many at all 

Agreed ? 

22 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Scatter bred works if you don't expect to much from your dogs or your in it for the money. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Scatter bred works if you don't expect to much from your dogs or your in it for the money. 

Got to disagree mate top 3 dogs I’ve seen in my life been bred from unrelated parents, my current bitch she’s bred from unrelated stuff and I’ve never seen a line bred dog that could match her for all round work, that’s just my opinion like doesn’t mean to say I’m right in all cases it’s just what I’ve seen myself and I’ve seen a fair amount of dogs run

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

put the pedigree up of your pups mate i’ll put mine see the difference

Edited by mC HULL

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

put the pedigree up of your pups mate i’ll put mine see the difference

Obviously can’t be done on a public forum but best way would be compare & see who caught what last season, if lads are right in what they say the line bred dogs should’ve put loads more away

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Well we had offliners, we had matches. Now it’s time to compare pedigrees ??

be good to see what the bull x owners think is linebred and the coursing bred owners think is linebred katch ? 

1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Obviously can’t be done on a public forum but best way would be compare & see who caught what last season, if lads are right in what they say the line bred dogs should’ve put loads more away

it’s obvious mate there’s no way in a million years out is putting as many daytime hares away as a linebred coursing dog 

but could i breed a scatter bred 3:4 grey quarter bull and stop as many fox as a linebred one i recon i could easy 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s obvious mate there’s no way in a million years out is putting as many daytime hares away as a linebred coursing dog 

but could i breed a scatter bred 3:4 grey quarter bull and stop as many fox as a linebred one i recon i could easy 

Pre ban I saw some line bred deer dogs meant to the business but when I seen them they weren’t a patch on scatterbred dogs me & a mate had at the same time, makes you think

Just now, Deerhunter1 said:

Pre ban I saw some line bred deer dogs meant to the business but when I seen them they weren’t a patch on scatterbred dogs me & a mate had at the same time, makes you think

how was they bred though mate 

most strong coursing breds will kill most bambi they run up to medium sized fallow 

another thing i notice is a sign of inbreeding depression is the inability to reproduce naturally and not have issues  the bull x owners seem to struggle use ai more than any other breed 

• Like 1