Brother to sister mating is it to close,

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

With working dogs people always waffle on about breeding this & breeding that but nobody mentions the owners. A dog could have all the potential in the world but without the right owner that’s going to bring it out the dog won’t never amount to anything. There’ll be loads of good dogs go to waste cause they get given to messers, it’s impossible to say how many good dogs were in a litter most of them don’t get a fair crack anyway 

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 7

I know there is a strain of inbred white mice you can get, don't remember the name. always bred brother to sister and have large litters and are healthy and disease free. They have been ruthlessly selected for no faults at all. I think this type of breeding would take a lifetime of selection as far as dogs go but you could end up with super dogs if you were that dedicated and had the stomach for culling a lot of pups.

2 hours ago, Tick Tock said:

The truth of the matter is 99.99% of breeders over here aren't like the hillbillies over the pond and won't cull hard.

Saying that, I wouldn't say they necessarily are usually proper inbred.

Some of the best dogs of all time are linebred mind.

Arguably the greatest bitch of all time, Tornado, was half brother, half sister.

I think the most famous inbred dog was Blind Billy, the clue is in the name.

Blind Billy's mother (Ch Minnie) was off of Dibo's brother Arizona Pete bred back to their mother Bambi  and Blind Billy was produced in breeding Ch Minnie back to her uncle Dibo.

What's happening Greb??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Tick Tock said:

The truth of the matter is 99.99% of breeders over here aren't like the hillbillies over the pond and won't cull hard.

Saying that, I wouldn't say they necessarily are usually proper inbred.

Some of the best dogs of all time are linebred mind.

Arguably the greatest bitch of all time, Tornado, was half brother, half sister.

I think the most famous inbred dog was Blind Billy, the clue is in the name.

Blind Billy's mother (Ch Minnie) was off of Dibo's brother Arizona Pete bred back to their mother Bambi  and Blind Billy was produced in breeding Ch Minnie back to her uncle Dibo.

Tick tock???

Tell me more about Blind Billy, was he born blind then or was his eyesight lost later in life? 

3 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

Bit of dispute with him, some claimed he was born blind and some say he became blind when he ran hot, either way, the reason why is probably because he was inbred.

As you say either way it's likely due to heavy inbreeding.

Alot of it imo comes down to laziness and general ignorance. What could be easier than raising a litter and breeding them together later in life, justifying it in that their game and doing the job or doing whatever you are looking for in your dog's. The problem isn't breeding in the physical characteristics your looking for which are clearly visible or not in the next generation. The problem is the invisible weakness that can and will eventually arise later in some form, eg, issues, fits, seizures, mentally unbalanced animal etc. Probably less noticeable in ways with dogs kept in a yard and away from human contact in a social sense and may not be a huge issue, but for pet/workers in a more domesticated environment in a home or in contact with people, children other animals etc, you could have serious problems later in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

so 2 first crosses brother and sister bred together then a daughter put back to the the sire ? who would do that really ?how many top bull dogs are bred tight like that ? ?

If a lot of people breed they're dogs that way,then a lot of winners will be bred that way. In Serbia, most winners seem to be a lot more outcrossed. There seems to be a direct correlation between low breeding coefficient (outcrosses) and career earnings in greyhounds. The superstar racer/stud dog of modern times ,Fernando bale doesn't have any dog in common on both sides of his pedigree until the 6th generation back. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Bit of useless information........

Around 90% of thoroughbreds in the world share the same genes as 30 stallions and mares.

Cheers.

Just to elaborate, that's 30 of the origional Arab stallions and "indigenous" mares ?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Tick Tock said:

In horse racing I think they use a method called 3x3, those people know what they're doing, don't think you'd go far wrong following their suit, they know the benefits of hybrid vigour.

4 group 1 runners from 100 foals is considered above average in that game though.3 x 3  would be considered  very close, but  linebreeding closer to Galileo and his dam urban sea seems to be working macswiney,masar etc 

• Like 1