Brother to sister mating is it to close,

thanks for the replys if i could find the right dog i wouldnt contemplate using his sister but cant find the right dog,

if your dog and your mates dog do the buisiness and have both got all the qualities you are wanting your pup to have go ahead and line it,it is ok to do this kind of mating but not over and over again.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

Skycat is absolutely correct when she uses cleft palate deformity as an example as how recessive traits can come to the fore when using brother and sister matings . How ever it must be remembered that only 25% of the offspring will develope the cleft palate. Of the remainder 50% will carry the gene without showing the deformity, while the remaining 25% will neither carry or show the deformity.The only problem at the moment is that it is impossible to distinguish between carriers and none carriers , but a DNA test may become available very shortly. The breeder has to decide if the amount of risk is acceptable. Cheers Sherlock.

• 10 years later...
On 28/02/2012 at 16:20, whisperingeye said:

well really as topic says is this mating to close to call as i have a good dog and want to ask my mate to put him on his sister which he has, :thumbs:

We had two greyhounds brother and sister mating accidental the pups won races now not top grade But all the same got a turn out off them ? 

• Like 1

Depends if the men doing the breeding have looked at the dogs faults honestly or not, seen it happen lads that kennel blind, think there dogs are perfect but ignoring major faults then they put mother to son, father to daughter or full brother sister matings & they end up with loads of problems

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

no she's hanging

The romans and.the Egyptians inbreed for hundreds of years not saying its right But dogs we put father over daughter and we have put grandfather over granddaughter with no problems at all that's going back alot off years now ? 

11 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

The romans and.the Egyptians inbreed for hundreds of years not saying its right But dogs we put father over daughter and we have put grandfather over granddaughter with no problems at all that's going back alot off years now ? 

not needed seen it a few times never been on par with parents always some in litter shite coats some that have fits 

Perhaps its a wee bit anthropomorphic,.. to randomly compare Humans,.. to Canines....

Personally, I've bred my lurchers fairly close, but never quite, that close,...but then,.. I've often wondered what would happen 'in the wild'... I've a feeling , what would be, would be...?

Would our beloved curs and running dogs ever really worry,.. about such matters.... ?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Perhaps its a wee bit anthropomorphic,.. to randomly compare Humans,.. to Canines....

Personally, I've bred my lurchers fairly close, but never quite, that close,...but then,.. I've often wondered what would happen 'in the wild'... I've a feeling , what would be, would be...?

Would our beloved curs and running dogs ever really worry,.. about such matters.... ?

i think wolves don’t even breed  siblings or parent child phil 

i think foxes do because watching them urban  they seem to get smaller year on year 

i think in the wild they would worry once they can’t see to chase  are to small have fits and a jaw like a british bulldog ? 

and humans a million percent can’t inbreed for hundreds a years one mating you will see eyes out a line ears low slung bad eye sight not to mention behaviour problems 

Edited by mC HULL
2 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

If you have line of dogs and want to keep the quality’s they have you have to breed tight a think then you know why your getting before there even born.

the best coursing dogs are linebred how many from breeding mother son sister brother mate ? 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

not needed seen it a few times never been on par with parents always some in litter shite coats some that have fits 

I’ve seen some similar, bad coats, feet etc, always getting knocked up, couldn’t really put your finger on it but just seemed fragile, like a little knock that another dog would shrug off seemed to have em out of action for weeks

• Like 1