best digital spotter

I have the Ranger and you will struggle to use it for foxing. If you would like to look thru it before you go and spent you cash then feel free to PM me.. I'm bassed in Nottinghamshire.

EDIT:

If you check my Youtube channel link below i have footage of the Ranger in action at no more than 20 yards

Edited by BooMster

Well i use a ranger at a hell of alot more yards than that and i only use it for foxes.I think you need to set it up properly or you must have a faulty unit.

Feel free to tell me whats wrong with the footage on my channel? It was taken in a corn shelter at no more than 20y as stated. I'm fully aware of how to use the unit and get the best out of it..

I regulary use it for scanning fields and struggle at distance. Its ok for paddocks and smaller fields and thats about your lot.. Rabbits look like mice at 60/80 yard..

Well i use a ranger at a hell of alot more yards than that and i only use it for foxes.I think you need to set it up properly or you must have a faulty unit.

I've got to agree, yours must surely be faulty.

I've got to agree, yours must surely be faulty.

Does the footage look faulty?

Standard ranger with N1000 will get you out to 200 yards no problem.

But can you clearly tell what your looking at? All you can see at that range is eye shine...

Yes with ease but i use a Pvs14 wi 3x lens :laugh: did use a Ranger for a while and it worked just fine for my foxing needs sounds like you got a duff one.

Edited by camo304

But can you clearly tell what your looking at? All you can see at that range is eye shine...

Yes with ease but i use a Pvs14 wi 3x lens :laugh: did use a Ranger for a while and it worked just fine for my foxing needs sounds like you got a duff one.

lol....

Far from a duff unit.. Its perfectly fine... I've looked through a mates Ranger and the Ranger Pro,, all was the same...

Theres a reason you use a PVS14 with a 3x lens and thats cos the Ranger aint got the balls haa

lol....

Far from a duff unit.. Its perfectly fine... I've looked through a mates Ranger and the Ranger Pro,, all was the same...

Theres a reason you use a PVS14 with a 3x lens and thats cos the Ranger aint got the balls haa

Very odd that :hmm: . If it's not a duff unit and the ranger pro's the same................... Maybe you should've gone to specsavers!

Seriously though, I use a ranger pro, but I've looked through the standard ranger and it was fine for identifying a Fox to about 200 yards.

The only difference in the pro is the IR.. In my eyes the yukon is crap for foxing...

It seems that's where the problem lies .

I know it sounds stupid but did you focus the units properly first? By this I mean with the small lever at the side of the occular lens. If this isn't set to suit your vision, then you'll not get a good image no matter what.

As I said before, the standard ranger should I.D Foxes to 200 yards in decent conditions. The pro can pick them out at 500+ yards (again in ideal conditions). The difference between the two models is that the pro not only has a more powerful Illuminator, but also a more advanced CCD.

I know how to work the units, Both Ranger and Pro. As stated before i've used a few and even used the older "Better models" I'm aware of both differences on both units, but i still think theres really no noticeable difference from Normal to Pro apart from the pro bein that little bit sharper..

you show me a Fox at 500+ yards that i can clearly identify as i dont think its possible... Maybe i dont have a problem with my unit, or others i've viewed... It may be that your unit and a few others are one of a kind???