Anyone with some suggestions please

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right some good news from the vets yesterday and because she is eating so well now and is looking so bright and she has responded so well to the steroids that they can rule out cancer and tumor she h

Im posting this on here out of desperation really as i know there is wealth of experience with the dog lads on here that maybe able to help. My Rottie went off her food and water and sleeping all the

hope its the better of the two outcomes mate..

Thanks everyone so angry at vets at the moment for getting our hopes up fill like ive been cheated they never should of told me to rule the brain tumor out will be moving my other 2 dogs to another vets asap. Thanks again

Saxon,

Just wanted to say so sorry about your lovely bitch. I know you must feel like crap at the moment, but you went above and beyond for her and tried everything you could.

I know its no comfort, but she was a grand looking bitch and you should be very proud of her, she was exactly what a Rottie should be.

Chin up mate.

Ali

Thanks everyone so angry at vets at the moment for getting our hopes up fill like ive been cheated they never should of told me to rule the brain tumor out will be moving my other 2 dogs to another vets asap. Thanks again

So was it a brain tumour then?

So was it a brain tumour then?

Alright mate we couldnt afford the MRI scan as we reached our limit on the insurance but we did phone about and they wanted £1500 so we just couldnt afford that. But her mouth started to drop on the left side and her left eye kept flicking and she started to get tremours all over her body when she was still which are all signs of the brain tumor. The steroids did really pick her up but we ran out for about a day and a half and i couldnt believe how fast she went backwards. She went straight off her food and wanting to sleep alot and she just looked tied. To give you some idea how much food she was missing at the end, i feed my dogs raw and my older lurcher has 2-3% of body weight in food a day which is around 14 chicken wings, the younger one 4-5% which is around 19 chicken wings. Sasha should of been eating around a kilo a day and she was struggling to eat 8 chicken wings so i had to make the rest up through the feeding tube. I think i always knew it was a tumor but just wanted to give her a fighting chance but at the end it just wasnt fair on her or me.

Thanks for the other comments folks means a lot :thumbs:

Don't rule out an auto immune disease Saxon, the brain is one of the main places it attacks :thumbs:

Thanks mate ill do some research into that condition then because i think this will play on my mind for a long time and take longer to get over thanks again mate :thumbs:

Have they checked her for pancreatitis ?

http://vetmedicine.a...ancreatitis.htm

If it was me i would in all honesty ask to be referred as it sounds like your vets don't

know where to turn, they should have referred you well before now.

Thats what i was about to say. I had a border terrier bitch that had it after 8 mths of every test,spaying,anti inflamitorys she had good days & bad.But the bad started to outway the good so it was inevertabie what had to be done.

• 9 years later...

It could be very difficult, neurological, but without an exam or a brain scan (CT or MRI), it would be impossible to say it would point this way in view of the normal physical results. My initial proposal would be to discuss getting a CT head with the vet.

Any possibility of intoxication? Although you expect distorted bloods, any jaundices such yellowing in the eyes, maybe repetitive liver function. It remind me of champ, Joe Biden's dog who died recently.