Anyone with some suggestions please

Some good news since taking the steroids she is like a new dog shes not sleeping all the time really enjoying her walks today since yesterday she has eaten about 18 sausages, 2 chicken wings small amount of mince and some dry food and nearly a whole bowl of water plus all the food im feeding through the tube. Fingers crossed she has turned a corner. :thumbs:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right some good news from the vets yesterday and because she is eating so well now and is looking so bright and she has responded so well to the steroids that they can rule out cancer and tumor she h

Im posting this on here out of desperation really as i know there is wealth of experience with the dog lads on here that maybe able to help. My Rottie went off her food and water and sleeping all the

hope its the better of the two outcomes mate..

Have they looked into any auto immune disorders?

Not sure what you meant by inflamed cells?

Dogs do not need to have all the symptoms, mine did not.

Symptoms of canine autoimmune hemolytic anemia vary in severity (from very mild to fatal) depending on the titer of red blood cell autoantibodies and the dog’s general health. Fatality is most likely to occur when there is severe and rapid red blood cell destruction or liver involvement. However, fatality can also result from secondary complications. These complications include the release of coagulants from dying red blood cells. These coagulants, in turn, can cause the formation of blood clots that lodge in the heart or lungs. In addition, fragments of red blood cells or complexes of red blood cells and autoantibodies can lodge into the kidneys and interfere with renal function. Symptoms of canine AIHA include:

• Anemia, with low red blood cell count, hemoglobin and/or hematocrit
  • Fever
  • Depression
  • Weakness
  • Fatigue
  • Pallor of the mucus membranes
  • Hematuria (presence of blood in the urine)
  • Enlarged Spleen
  • Seizures
  • Peripheral neuropathy

Clinical Signs Used for Diagnosis

• Nonregenerative anemia
  • Spherocytosis seen on blood smear
  • Positive direct Coombs test

They did say something about the immune system working against the gut in some way which is why they suggested the steroids but to be honest mate i havent taken it all in with so many ups and downs over the last few weeks and with the 2 hourly feeding regime im totally shattered and trying look after the kids and the other dogs im hanging mate.

Have they checked her for pancreatitis ?

http://vetmedicine.a...ancreatitis.htm

If it was me i would in all honesty ask to be referred as it sounds like your vets don't

know where to turn, they should have referred you well before now.

They done 2 types of tests on that mate and it came back all clear

Some good news since taking the steroids she is like a new dog shes not sleeping all the time really enjoying her walks today since yesterday she has eaten about 18 sausages, 2 chicken wings small amount of mince and some dry food and nearly a whole bowl of water plus all the food im feeding through the tube. Fingers crossed she has turned a corner. :thumbs:

Glad to hear mate :thumbs:

glad to here things are looking better mate, however just remember steroids create a high that shows as an improvement in dogs conditions, its not a cure in itself. but i do hope the dogs turned a corner mate :thumbs:

Spot on Paul :thumbs:

Not wanting to burst your bubble Saxon, but just to prepare you for the worst incase it happens.

glad to here things are looking better mate, however just remember steroids create a high that shows as an improvement in dogs conditions, its not a cure in itself. but i do hope the dogs turned a corner mate :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs: im not going to get to carried away as i know they will left her a bit but it was to stop the immune system working against the the gut so she can start eating again and they did say if it is a tumor or some type of cancer she wont eat still and also she aint showing signs of having a tumor so i need to just keep working with her :thumbs: For the first time last night she had some chicken wings and some mackrel fillets and this morning she had 5 chicken wings and her food through the tube with the steroids. I have a appiontment at the vets this afternoon so will update then cheers again everyone :thumbs:

Glad to hear mate :thumbs:

Cheers Geoff mate been a real roller coaster this past few weeks mate some times i wounder why we put ourselves through all this but fingers crossed mate :thumbs:

Right some good news from the vets yesterday and because she is eating so well now and is looking so bright and she has responded so well to the steroids that they can rule out cancer and tumor :boogy: she has had to have some antibiotics because of the area where she has the tube is slightly infected but other than that the vet couldnt believe how different she looks from the weekend. Monday morning i was sat outside the vets for 20 mins deciding wether or not to take her in to get put down as she was in such a bad way. Anyway she is still eating and drinking well even chased the neighbours cat yesterday :laugh: and for the fisrt time in weeks she is wagging her stump of a tail at me to say im over the moon would be an under statement. The vet says i can cut down on the tube feeding now so im hoping ill be able to go back to sleeping in bed as i have been sleeping with her for the past 7 days so i can do the 2 hour feeds. Thanks again for everyones comments and concerns :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Right some good news from the vets yesterday and because she is eating so well now and is looking so bright and she has responded so well to the steroids that they can rule out cancer and tumor :boogy: she has had to have some antibiotics because of the area where she has the tube is slightly infected but other than that the vet couldnt believe how different she looks from the weekend. Monday morning i was sat outside the vets for 20 mins deciding wether or not to take her in to get put down as she was in such a bad way. Anyway she is still eating and drinking well even chased the neighbours cat yesterday :laugh: and for the fisrt time in weeks she is wagging her stump of a tail at me to say im over the moon would be an under statement. The vet says i can cut down on the tube feeding now so im hoping ill be able to go back to sleeping in bed as i have been sleeping with her for the past 7 days so i can do the 2 hour feeds. Thanks again for everyones comments and concerns :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

great news mate :thumbs:

RIP Sasha i miss you already girl never put a foot wrong, you was more than i could of ever wished for, you looked like what every Rottie should look like and you will be sadly missed but never forgotten. I love you big girl your free now from pain see you again one day RIP Sasha

DSC_0012.jpg