bsa lightning xl .177

hey everybody :) just a quick review of my new rifle. in the past iv had hw99s hw 97k aa s200 s410k and a few bsa supersports an the old lightning. all in .22.. had a break for around 2-3 years and wanted to start goin shootin again. looked around online for a cheap reliable springer to get me started up again. was guna get another supersport but the lightning xl just appealed to me as it wub b new to me. went to the gunshop an got a scope an bag. got hawke 1 piece mount an ags tactical elite mil dot 3-9X40 . all i can say is for £65 its a really good scope. amazing clarity and reticle is quite good, and i love the green lenses :) . an now the rifle.... i ordered it brand new (dont trust 2nd hand springers, never know whos had them) in .22. anyway went to pick it up [bANNED TEXT] i got paid n the wrong calibre had been sent out so it was .177! i was sick of waiting so i just bought it anyway. never having had a 177 an apparently [bANNED TEXT] them being better i thought it wud b a new experience. the gun feels nice an quality, really accurate an powerful and coupled [bANNED TEXT] the scope an mount it feels really nice to hold and shoot with. recently got a sling for it aswel. im happy [bANNED TEXT] my new set-up and would reccccomend it as a really sturdy good quality rifle for any air gunner. already had 6 feral pigeons, 2 wood pigeons, 2 rabbits, 2 crows, 1 magpie and 7 or 8 grey squirrels. happy hunting!! now im saviing up for the synthetic hw97 kt :)

[bANNED TEXT] me! You go through the countryside like [bANNED TEXT] Rambo, machine gunning everything with your [bANNED TEXT] Lightning, gathering more kill stamps than a [bANNED TEXT] P51D pilot on steroids and then you have the [bANNED TEXT] nerve to complain about the [bANNED TEXT] rifle!

You did not [bANNED TEXT] complain until you ran it through the chrono and the [bANNED TEXT] vermin did not complain too much either did they?

What the [bANNED TEXT] does it take to stop you from [bANNED TEXT] marching in and giving the [bANNED TEXT] shop owner a piece of your mind?

[bANNED TEXT]!

(Sorry about that folks but [bANNED TEXT] ctrl and v is wonderful for posts)!

Edited by secretagentmole

[bANNED TEXT] me! You go through the countryside like [bANNED TEXT] Rambo, machine gunning everything with your [bANNED TEXT] Lightning, gathering more kill stamps than a [bANNED TEXT] P51D pilot on steroids and then you have the [bANNED TEXT] nerve to complain about the [bANNED TEXT] rifle!

You did not [bANNED TEXT] complain until you ran it through the chrono and the [bANNED TEXT] vermin did not complain too much either did they?

What the [bANNED TEXT] does it take to stop you from [bANNED TEXT] marching in and giving the [bANNED TEXT] shop owner a piece of your mind?

[bANNED TEXT]!

(Sorry about that folks but [bANNED TEXT] ctrl and v is wonderful for posts)!

:laugh::thumbs:
  • 3 weeks later...

hahaha nice one secretagentmole :laugh:

havent kicked off about the lightning. just got my 97kt so cudnt give a monkeys about lightning now haha.

going to politely ask the gunshop fella if he wil send it off to bsa for me to get them to sort it, its there problem, not his.

not just the lack of power either had quite a few problems with it.

anyway even when i get it back il never use it again haha got a weihrauch now :toast::boogy:

id sell it but i dont fancy losing loads of money in it... and if anything happens to 97 il have a 'spare' , suppose i could even take a mate also and let them use lightning.

all the best pal :victory: