how do u know difference between fox and badger earth

I know the basic differeces ie bedding taken out , tracks n fur but i was out on a farm with a mate and his 12bore and i found a few earths. I know the place is full of fox but holds the odd pig and couldnt be sure as it looked prime for both , one 3 holer looked pig type and ten yards away looked foxy so im debating going back with my mate and our dogs as my terrier is only learning the digging game and would hate for him to drop in on a pig cause i thought it was fox earth , plus pigs are more trouble than their worth . Any tips would be great

Cheers Trinder

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes never going to learn if he doesnt ask, we're not all born into it and experts like you, respect to the man for asking and not shoving his dog in a badger set and getting it killed or being arreste

if you see brian may outside violently masterbating is not a fox earth

If your not 110% sure stay away its not worth the trouble you will find your self in bud

I know the basic differeces ie bedding taken out , tracks n fur but i was out on a farm with a mate and his 12bore and i found a few earths. I know the place is full of fox but holds the odd pig and couldnt be sure as it looked prime for both , one 3 holer looked pig type and ten yards away looked foxy so im debating going back with my mate and our dogs as my terrier is only learning the digging game and would hate for him to drop in on a pig cause i thought it was fox earth , plus pigs are more trouble than their worth . Any tips would be great

Cheers Trinder

a few handfulls of sand might reveal all next morning
  • Like 3

foxes here use badger earths an pulled out rabbit holes that normally hold young badgers at times more than anything else when they feel the need to go to ground, i dont know if that cos there is just too many badger setts here or if its normal tho to be honest :thumbs:

Cheers Trinder

a few handfulls of sand might reveal all next morning

if i could do that mate i would but its not my permission and its a fair distance and i dont drive

If you dont know the difference ,and you obviously dont, :hmm: keep the feck away .and if you have terriers and dont know the difference :icon_eek: .....you can look forward to a visit to the big house :cray: .....get rid of the dogs and get a hamster mate :tongue2: .

wtf is your problem im askin for advice not sarcy comments im new to digging and didnt want to get my dog killed or end up in jail
  • Like 3

If you dont know the difference ,and you obviously dont, :hmm: keep the feck away .and if you have terriers and dont know the difference :icon_eek: .....you can look forward to a visit to the big house :cray: .....get rid of the dogs and get a hamster mate :tongue2: .

hes never going to learn if he doesnt ask, we're not all born into it and experts like you, respect to the man for asking and not shoving his dog in a badger set and getting it killed or being arrested, he asked a reasonable question and is a beginer, do him a favour and help instead of a twat :thumbs:

• Like 12

personally i would find out what the f**k i was doing before i was out on the ground and secondly i would not be asking on this forum .....getting bummed of big lloyed on e wing isnt for me but hey you guys seem keen enough

if you think that happens in prison you are a arrogant fool i did a 3 year sentance when i was a bit younger and the gayest thing i encountered was the strip searches , unless you got anything constructive to say fk off and annoy someone else
  • Like 4

ok my constructive advice is

find out what your doing before you go out and get caught and bring a whole world of pain on you your family and hunting friends and also a lot of heat for other hunters who are unfortunatle enough to live near where you got caught ...or maybe consider another hobby .........when i was in prison mate i got bummed daily done a 15 stretch for armed robbery ,,,, of course i didnt i was joking about the gettign bummed bit to make a point ,a point you obviously missed,,,,,

Yes trinder, things to look out for , heavy padding along the hedgerows back and forth from the sett,, dung pits small holes in the ground marking the stripeys boundary , you will see fresh shite in the holes,, a fox only terrier helps, terrier may enter and still bolt a fox from a sett even though a badger is in residence , terrier may bark at stripey but will come out. The only way to know is when youre working your terrier steady week in week out to realise how your terrier is working and what he will work. Experience is the key and knowing your dog.

• Like 4