2012 breeding log.

Every one i know has had a mare of a year with clear eggs,hens jumping nests or eggs and nests being ripped.Myself i've only had a greenie mule to sticks this year,everything else has ended up tits up in the end.My step sons birds are doing ok'ish but should be better than it so your doing ok really :thumbs: .

fireman looking at it up to now i am haveing a good en,out of the 2 pair of irish first pair reared 5 out of 5,they are feeding 5 more as we speak,pair no 2 reared 4 out of 4,sitting again 4 eggs,but 2 have hatched this afternoon when i had quick look,so far so good for a change :thumbs: hope i aint spoke too soon :laugh:

• Like 1

what colours, the cock and hen to the greenie mule, fireman

Lutino greenie cock,red factor canary hen mate.

Your doing well Francolin,very grand indeed mate :victory: .

too well for me fireman something has got to go tits up soon pal. :laugh::thumbs:

Be carefull what you wish for mate :D ,my luck may just be turning as well as i just managed to ring my two greenie chicks.One just squeezed on with a bit of spit and it does look like my chaffie hen has chose her nest site now,just praying the goldie eggs are full.

Well seems the birds are turning a corner in the right direction at last,2 irish chicks doing well,2 greenie chicks doing well,2 new mule chicks in the last 2 days and 4 goldie chicks hatched (god please let them get to sticks :angel: ) and 2 eggs so far from the chaffie.Just the siskins to get themselves sorted and that'll do for me.Have got a silver redpoll hen on 4 eggs and hoping for a silver chick but might be pushing the wish list luck a bit far with that one :laugh: (but you never know ;) ).

Had to set the chaffie eggs under a red factor hen as the chaffie hen jumps off the nest every time someone goes out the backdoor and i'm not taking the risk on her messing it up,the red factor has just gone down on 5 eggs of her own so i pinched 2 of hers and set them under a irish hen thats just gone down on 2 of her own eggs.Confused?, join the club :blink: but we'll see in a couple of weeks if it's worked.The mule chick i'm hand rearing has jumped it's nest today and apart from a little claw issue that a bit of tape will sort out it's doing well,it did have a day or so of being scarred of everything including me but hunger brought it round to liking me again :laugh: .