Out Again

Went out again for a spot of dead baiting this mornning, not feeling to confident as im still in my baron run, four outings and no fish! So i was getting my hopes up!

Got picked up at 6.30 and off we go, gets upto the pond about 7 o'clock and all rods in the water by about 20 past, i was using smelt on one rod and lamprey on another, not used this before but my mate had heard good things about it!

About an hour or so passes and bang, my rod goes, i strike and im in, although my crappy reel decides to build itself a nest! As my mate is helping me untangle the disaster, his rod screams off, so he leaves me to sort this mess out and hooks into his fish, by now ive sorted the mess out and my mates fish has got off so he comes and helps me sort or the remainding tangles and i manage to land my fish and its a good one and my best pike ever. AT LAST IVE LANDED A FISH!!

Needless to say i was over the moon, punching the air, going way over the top as you do, but i deserved it!

We unhook it and put it back, i put my bait back in my swim and not even 15mins pass and my rod goes again and i thikn because i was so pumped, i struck abit to early and didnt manage to hook the fish so i lost it.

The rest of the day consisted of hearing the alarms beeping, but nothing good enough to strike into so we disapointingly didnt get to see any fish and finished the day with just the one fish BUT IT WAS MINE!

photo11.jpg

Had to hide in this all day as it was windy as hell so was freezing!

photo10.jpg

Edited by SkinnyMan

Keith Floyd had a recipe for Pike and Hugh Fernley twittingstall cooked one in River cottage.

I agree they don't look very tasty but was just curious.

Bet my 5 year old would eat one, she's the biggest carnivore I've ever met. Once I showed her a trout I caught for her and she licked it's head :icon_eek:

• Like 2

Nah not eaten one, dont think id like to either lol!

nice fish,it taste like crap loads of bones,stick with sea fish for tea :thumbs:

i had it when i was young infact twice first was nice out of a river second out a lake was muddy as hell tasting, have to soak them overnight in a bath of salt water. wouldnt bother now though, i have heard zander are a tasty treat though!