trout fishing s wales

hi all, im looking for some where local to Abedare s wales where i can start my youngsters off fishing for trout, something on a day ticket would be great, they allready come sea fishing with me but i would like to broden there horizon so to speak, nothing to pricey if possible and not a million miles away would be great, any advise of contact info would be great, as so far every where i have phoned is only course fishing, cheers all HH

Cheers mate, any idea where to get a ticket from ? Cheers all hh

i dont know sorry mate, if i were you, i'd have a little trip up there and have a walk around and perhaps have a chat to some of the anglers up there, they'll be able to give you all the information you need,

cheers,

jay.

Hi mate, you can get day tickets from garwnant visitor centre. (Vending Machine)

Theres also a fishery in Ynysybwl, it used to be trout fishing there, not sure if it still is though, could be worth a try!

ATB

Kurt

Edited by kurtrog70

How close is not too far, i know of a good few places, but they are probably around 45-1hr away.

Cwm hedd is quite good for strting youngsters, as it has a smaller beginners pond, where you dont have to cast far, and stnd a good chance of catching a few, but its not a piss take, and feels like real fishing, especially if you are young.

And yes jayjay is right, you can fish the beacons resevoirs.

There are a good number of small and medium fisheries in south wales :thumbs:

alrite mate go on the wye and usk foundation website and sign up for the roving voucher scheme, where pre-paid vouchers can be used to pay for fishing.

They have fishing available on the rivers Arrow, Cammarch, Clettwr, Clochfaen, Dore, Duhonw, Edw, Grywne Fawr, Hindwell, Honddu, Irfon, Ithon, Llynfi Dulas, Lugg, Monnow, Severn, Usk and Wye. Also on stillwaters such as Pant-y-Llyn, Llyn Bugeilyn, Usk Reservoir, Beacons Reservoir, Cantref Reservoir, Llwyn On, Talybont Reservoir and Llandegfedd Reservoir excellent scheme and not that exspensive some fantastic beats heres the number 01982 560788 atb buddy

mate if you fancy some course fishing local theres a club in abernant the king fishers up by llywcoed tip by the ross 2 ponds plenty of carp good crack with the lad ..

Plenty of carp, are you sure? When I was a member they seemed to have a bit of trouble with people taking the carp home with them. I once watched a family, who were probably fully paid up members take fish after fish and place them in a bin bag to die. I then watched the prat of a young lad they had with them cut his hand to two pieces with a machete while trying to make a bank stick. Last time i fished the top lake it looked deserted, went from catching 10-15 carp a session off the top with bread to not even seeing a fish. :censored:

If they have improved the situation I'll happily renew my membership there but when I left the place was utter poo. :no:

Richard

Richard