Gutted, dog has to go!

The dogs behaviour needs addressing and re-directing. Did your wife grab it by the scruff and pin it down til it submitted and stopped kicking?

My gut says that you are the alpha male a (as it should be) but it maybe that your mrs is kind hearted and doesn't assert her dominance enough as her place in the pack.

Obviously this is just speculation on my part as I'm not there to see whats going on

If you've got someone good close by who can assess the dog and show you how to turn the behaviour around, then re-homing or euthanasia is not necessary.

If we had room in our pack for it to live, I'd be the first to offer a place. The pack and I have turned round dogs like this before. Last one was a Bichon Frise :blink:

Feckin Caesar Milan here!! :laugh::tongue2:

He gets paid :censored::laugh:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why dont you get him in a kennel, most of these things dont happen when dogs are out side.? reason they have there own space, there own food bowls, toys etc ..... I would try that 1st , before passing

There's too many small minded Internet warriors on here with all the talk of put it to sleep, shoot it..! Fact is mate your mrs hasn't had enough involvement with the dog or it wouldn't think it was a

Well, sounds like a warning shot not a bite if only a few bruises. Had to put a dog down recently but he had a nervous aggression to strangers and it was the second time he had done something and that

It`s your fault.You`ve made your dog feel higher up the pecking order than your wife(and probably the rest of your family).Get him an outside kennel and make your wife and kids etc put him in it after walks,at night etc.Let your wife and kids give him his food etc.He`ll soon know his place.Give it a go.All the best.

There's too many small minded Internet warriors on here with all the talk of put it to sleep, shoot it..! Fact is mate your mrs hasn't had enough involvement with the dog or it wouldn't think it was above her in pack order!! Dogs are dogs they need exercise discipline and affection (Cesar milans words) ;) it's no rotty were talking about! I can understand not trusting the dog around your son but this passing on a man biter is bollocks!! Someone with no kids who can keep pack leader with this dog could make a great little dog with it! The thread isn't hiding the fact it's bit his wife so who ever takes it on knows what their getting.. Rant OVER! Best of luck finding the dog an honest working home..

• Like 4

Cheers for the input,! As far as pecking orders and dog behaviour goes we understand that perfectly well! He knows his place in the pecking order!

I had my neighbour who is a vet round for a chat last night and talked through what happened with him. He thinks its most likely the food that was a trigger and sugested makeing sure he was never in the room when food was about. Thats easier said than done when you have a 3 year old that permenantly has food in his hand!

My wife is addament he has to go and I totaly agree with her as far as not feeling like you can trust him anymore, its a horrible feeling!

Again, thanks for the input, lots of sound advice! Its a tuff, tuff, choice to be faced with! Its going to be a shite week end!

cant beleive the peoples saying kill the dog madness, anyway yes dog has to go for the safeness of your youngster, but it can be avioided retrain and a kennel, if thats how easy it is to end the dogs life then what a bloody waste of your time training it i the first place, john let the dog go and inform a new owner of the problem.

Edited by bracken boy

why dont you get him in a kennel, most of these things dont happen when dogs are out side.? reason they have there own space, there own food bowls, toys etc ..... I would try that 1st , before passing him on or put down :yes:

most sensible answer and that his the reason that they are best having there own space etc , 3yrs old well hes just becoming as dog i would put outside learn him he his at the bottom of the pack , atb bunnys.

Cheers for the input,! As far as pecking orders and dog behaviour goes we understand that perfectly well! He knows his place in the pecking order!

I had my neighbour who is a vet round for a chat last night and talked through what happened with him. He thinks its most likely the food that was a trigger and sugested makeing sure he was never in the room when food was about. Thats easier said than done when you have a 3 year old that permenantly has food in his hand!

My wife is addament he has to go and I totaly agree with her as far as not feeling like you can trust him anymore, its a horrible feeling!

Again, thanks for the input, lots of sound advice! Its a tuff, tuff, choice to be faced with! Its going to be a shite week end!

Really feel for you pal, hope you get it sorted, a kennel seems like the best solution,let us know the outcome.

ATB