Gutted, dog has to go!

Well i never ever thought my dog would have done it but this morning he bit my wife!

He was at a plate on the coffe table that my son had been eating from so she sternly told him of put her hand out toward him to push him away and he just turned on her and bit her hand. If I had'nt seen it I would not of belived it, he has always been such a chilled out dog. The wife has got a few small bruises but more upset than anything else.

The bottom line is though I have a three year old son and as much as it kills me Im just not prepared to risk it happening to the little fella so the dog has to go!

He is 7/8 whippet 1/8 beddy, 3 years old. I use him for ferreting, he is a good marker and sound with the ferrets and until now has never caused me any bother, he lives in doors and is used to being with some one all the time. If anyone out there can give him a good home then please pm me. You can see him in my avatar!

I feel terrible for doing this he's been such a great little dog but I cant have a dog around my boy that I cant trust. Hopefully some one descent will be willing to take him on!

Thanks for reading,

John.

the dog was obviously protecting his meal, cant you kennel him. i think abit harsh mate but each to his own.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why dont you get him in a kennel, most of these things dont happen when dogs are out side.? reason they have there own space, there own food bowls, toys etc ..... I would try that 1st , before passing

There's too many small minded Internet warriors on here with all the talk of put it to sleep, shoot it..! Fact is mate your mrs hasn't had enough involvement with the dog or it wouldn't think it was a

Well, sounds like a warning shot not a bite if only a few bruises. Had to put a dog down recently but he had a nervous aggression to strangers and it was the second time he had done something and that

Tough situation and i would always agree the kid must come first, as already said, sounds like the dog is considering itself above your wife in the hierarchy and did what comes naturally to tell your wife off. This is not a criticism, but especially when dogs live indoors, i think they can easily get above the station and get confused as to where they sit in the hierarchy, i have seen it first hand. I am quiet sure someone could bring this dog around, but i dont think that home should be a family environment personally and hopefully if you get another dog in the future maybe be sure the all family let it know who is boss. Good luck with the rehoming and for what it is worth i think you deserve credit for your honesty. Cheers.

id put him outside in a kennel , the dog will have his own space , wont take him long to adjust being outside , give him one more chance but i dont think you'll have a problem with him snapping at anyone when he's outside if you do then have him PTS ........... dont pass him on to someone else..............

The dogs behaviour needs addressing and re-directing. Did your wife grab it by the scruff and pin it down til it submitted and stopped kicking?

My gut says that you are the alpha male a (as it should be) but it maybe that your mrs is kind hearted and doesn't assert her dominance enough as her place in the pack.

Obviously this is just speculation on my part as I'm not there to see whats going on

If you've got someone good close by who can assess the dog and show you how to turn the behaviour around, then re-homing or euthanasia is not necessary.

If we had room in our pack for it to live, I'd be the first to offer a place. The pack and I have turned round dogs like this before. Last one was a Bichon Frise :blink:

The dogs behaviour needs addressing and re-directing. Did your wife grab it by the scruff and pin it down til it submitted and stopped kicking?

My gut says that you are the alpha male a (as it should be) but it maybe that your mrs is kind hearted and doesn't assert her dominance enough as her place in the pack.

Obviously this is just speculation on my part as I'm not there to see whats going on

If you've got someone good close by who can assess the dog and show you how to turn the behaviour around, then re-homing or euthanasia is not necessary.

If we had room in our pack for it to live, I'd be the first to offer a place. The pack and I have turned round dogs like this before. Last one was a Bichon Frise :blink:

Feckin Caesar Milan here!! :laugh::tongue2: