New to the forum.

Just like to introduce myself to the forum and say hi, I' m interested in field sports, motor bikes and pigeon racing. Hoping to get a lurcher very soon so may be asking lots of questions as this is new to me, i currently have English springer spaniels and a cocker.

Hello and welcome mate, you'll find that being a racing pigeon man you may find experience comes in handy with fitness / conditioning your lurcher when the time comes.

A lot of good dog men have come from the racing pigeon background. I used to race pigeons myself years ago, but my dogs are shite :cray: , so it doesn't always work lol :icon_redface::D

Enjoy the site mate

Hello and welcome mate, you'll find that being a racing pigeon man you may find experience comes in handy with fitness / conditioning your lurcher when the time comes.

A lot of good dog men have come from the racing pigeon background. I used to race pigeons myself years ago, but my dogs are shite :cray: , so it doesn't always work lol :icon_redface::D

Enjoy the site mate

Thanks.

Its strange, when i started racing pigeons a couple of years ago the guys at the club said that i seemed to click quickly with the pigeon racing and they put it down to being involved with dogs over the years. I used to show Staffordshire Bull Terriers many years ago and have had gundogs for a number of years which i currently work. I usually pay to have the gundogs trained but hoping to train the lurcher pup i have just bought myself.

This now leads onto the new post to follow in the running dog section.

Thanks Ian