Best cross for fox

alright lads, just been doing a bit of thinking, nothing serious and was wondering: preban, what in your opinions was the best cross for taking regular foxes NOT INCLUDING BULL Xs! i no theres alot of support for the bull cross but what other crosses were good at the job and able to do alot of it?

ATB

Jim

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaton x greyhound

Deerhounds ,Beddys , Collies , Sal, Terrier xs, Straight Gh iv seen all these take fox over the yrs without any trouble and regular..   Still anit seen a fox dispatched as quick as a Deer/Gh i seen

Why would you not want to include bull crosses when they on average excel at that purpose more than any other cross?

Posted Images

alright lads, just been doing a bit of thinking, nothing serious and was wondering: preban, what in your opinions was the best cross for taking regular foxes NOT INCLUDING BULL Xs! i no theres alot of support for the bull cross but what other crosses were good at the job and able to do alot of it?

ATB

Jim

Why would you not want to include bull crosses when they on average excel at that purpose more than any other cross?

• Like 2

Deerhounds ,Beddys , Collies , Sal, Terrier xs, Straight Gh iv seen all these take fox over the yrs without any trouble and regular..

Still anit seen a fox dispatched as quick as a Deer/Gh i seen a few yr back one bite and the foxs was dead,Staight across the back one bite no shakeing no nothing. And iv seen so game hard dogs but none that killed them that quick

• Like 3

ATB

Jim

because i know that they do, just wante dto see what else can do the job.

good posts though so far!

in my experience and opinion most x will do foxes if they are brought up and entered the right way although some xs will be better than others and some dogs even the same x will be better than another the same x !

your dead right , entering them to young can ruin them , my saluki greyhound wouldnt go near one at a young age but now he's 3 he will take them.......