hare day

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had hare day last sat ! 371 hares shot all money from the day goes to charity pictures to follow

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..mayb

some of youse want to get a grip I don't shoot hare/woodcock or jay that's my choice if some one else wants to thats for their own conscience to pacify but to criticise some one for it smacks at hypoc

Sounds like a good day........ :thumbs:

Obviously now you will be subjected to a torent of abuse from "Hunting lads????????????/ :hmm: ".................... :bye:

• Like 1

Are you applauding lab that that amount of hares were shot in one day or that there was money went to charity?

I was applauding the day that he obviously enjoyed. Not my cup of tea but thats because theres no hares about here, a different story with this lad though isn't there?. Money going to charity is a bonus as long as the money stayed here.

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..maybe the odd one for the pot but not in them number's..

• Like 3

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..maybe the odd one for the pot but not in them number's..

Didnt know you were anti shooting mate.................we live and learn!!

Sounds like a good day and hares in big numbers as well!

We have been asked to knock a few over on our 'lamping' permissions, farmers say too many about!

Mind all this shooting of hares will cause so much hag on here with the lurcher boys who see it as their god given right to take em with dogs even tho its banned!!!

I'm far from anti shooting Lab.. :victory: ..i owned a scatter gun for year's but give it up as it just did not float my boat..and in all the year's of owning it i never shot one single hare..i have seen them shot though and a lot run on with shot gun's...i just dont like shooting them as they are a perfect piece of evolution..i can just about stomach seeing them cracked with a rimfire but again i personaly wont shoot one with even a rimmy..

• Like 1

I'm far from anti shooting Lab.. :victory: ..i owned a scatter gun for year's but give it up as it just did not float my boat..and in all the year's of owning it i never shot one single hare..i have seen them shot though and a lot run on with shot gun's...i just dont like shooting them as they are a perfect piece of evolution..i can just about stomach seeing them cracked with a rimfire but again i personaly wont shoot one with even a rimmy..

im the same mind set. plus most of the farmers here like to see them about :thumbs: i only shoot them with the camera now :laugh:

Well to me it's an animal and you either choose to shoot them or you don't. To some people there a pest even and the abuse folk get on here for thinning out a few hares is shocking. I'd imagine this shoot would have been doing it for years a probably for years to come.

I'd love someone to go on the lurcher section and say they disagreed with coursing..... They'd get destroyed!!!

• Like 2

Well to me it's an animal and you either choose to shoot them or you don't. To some people there a pest even and the abuse folk get on here for thinning out a few hares is shocking. I'd imagine this shoot would have been doing it for years a probably for years to come.

I'd love someone to go on the lurcher section and say they disagreed with coursing..... They'd get destroyed!!!

i dont disagree with it, but shooting them is not for me nowadays, if i was asked by a landowner to shoot a few to thin them out then i would but would rather see a fairer demise.
  • Like 1

I spoke to the keeper after the shoot who told me this was the. Fourth year in a row that they had shot over 350 hares ! The estates and farms either side of where we were shooting also bagged similar bag sizes !, just short of £1,000 raised for local charity . Great day out and I do understand its not for everyone and d dont want to rattle anyone cage but I aint gonna loose any sleep over it ! Cheers