Let one go

Took Martha out for a few hours last night, the season is rapidly ending for me the fereting stopped 2 weeks ago when we started bolting fluff balls, I hoped to get a few more nights in with the moon down.

It was a good night a little wind and pitch black, this is a nice bit of permission with different fields spread accross a couple of farms, some sheep and cattle fields and some bigish open arable fields. The first 3 fields not a rabbit out, then se had her first slip and missed it at the hedge,diving in after to no avail. next rabbit was sat right in the middle of a big arable field I gave a pssst and slipped her she was straight down the beam and nailed it before it moved, 1 in the bag. The next field is the only hilly field on this bit and usually has bullocks in it, not tonight though only rabbits she had 3 out of here without missing 1, I gutted the 4 I had and hung them on te gate to pick up on the way back, 1 was carrying young.

Thenext bit was another big arable field not much in here just 2 heading for home as soon as the lamp flicked on, then into a small sheep paddock she had another 2 in here out of 2 slips. She was running well, but as usual her retrieve was letting her down, my job for the close season.

Across the road onto the next bit and she managd another 2 the last 1 I took from her was heavily pregnant so I took it from her ( she's very soft mouthed) gave it a good rub and put it in the hedge to hopefully give birth to next years sport.

She missed the next 2 slips after good runs so all in all a good night 8 altogether. I may venture ou 1 or 2 times more and then get down to some retrieve training for what could be a bumper season next year.

Cheers

Kev

Edited by NEWKID

Cheers Billy, she's came on well mate nice little rabbiting dog all her obedience is good apart from the retrieve, she'll bring me back anything but live rabbits lol,

Hope you had a decent season mate, hope to see you and Zac next season.

Cheers

Kev