air gun licence

what about anybody with a record!!!!does this rule us out of owning a slug gun,,sure there are twats running about but there always was.. these left wing tossers just get to frighten everyone more now... another thing i know 2 people who have lost eyes to golf balls but none to air gun pelllets how about marksman coarses for golfers ,,seen a few people knocked down with twats driving to fast .lets ban cars ,thousands of people get glassed ,assaulted every week end because of booze ,don,t see that being more policed ,another attempt at putting hunting underground,, my feelings are screw any licence... soon the only way to hunt will be if your name is buttercup and you release anything you catch with compensation,,,totally no way """""

what about anybody with a record!!!!does this rule us out of owning a slug gun,,s

It shouldn't do. There are plenty of people with records with FAC's and shotgun tickets. The point here is that would you risk an extension to that record when licensing eventually comes in?

It's coming in one shape or form so get used to the idea.

what about anybody with a record!!!!does this rule us out of owning a slug gun,,sure there are twats running about but there always was.. these left wing tossers just get to frighten everyone more now... another thing i know 2 people who have lost eyes to golf balls but none to air gun pelllets how about marksman coarses for golfers ,,seen a few people knocked down with twats driving to fast .lets ban cars ,thousands of people get glassed ,assaulted every week end because of booze ,don,t see that being more policed ,another attempt at putting hunting underground,, my feelings are screw any licence... soon the only way to hunt will be if your name is buttercup and you release anything you catch with compensation,,,totally no way """""

sorry blackdug i cant see how a licence for all air rifles will push hunting under ground surely it will take the guns off the twats and make us responsible hunters off the polices hit list as there know who we all are and i know a few people with criminal records who have shot gun licences

Guest ceredigion bull cross

sorry blackdug i cant see how a licence for all air rifles will push hunting under ground surely it will take the guns off the twats and make us responsible hunters off the polices hit list as there know who we all are and i know a few people with criminal records who have shot gun licences

i personally have a record that is over ten years old since last offense and i have been told by our local force NOT to bother wasting the paper of an application form for a shot gun licence coz the form is heading straight for the bin........so what do i do with 3 good quality air rifles in the future ????

An interesting topic, alas, as already said, Government never seem to listen to common sense.

Whilst not opposed to a licence scheme, i don't think it will stop the idiots getting hold of them and making mischief.

Perhaps beefing up the punishments for the existing laws might be a way to go.

i personally have a record that is over ten years old since last offense and i have been told by our local force NOT to bother wasting the paper of an application form for a shot gun licence coz the form is heading straight for the bin........so what do i do with 3 good quality air rifles in the future ????

Seek legal advice. I know a certain hunting forum member that took the Crown to task over this kind of nonsense and won. Have a chat with countryside solictor and see what he says because it sounds like your local force might be trying to discourage you.

Licensing will be coming in at some stage.

An interesting topic, alas, as already said, Government never seem to listen to common sense.

Whilst not opposed to a licence scheme, i don't think it will stop the idiots getting hold of them and making mischief.

Criminals won't apply for licences but why should we be lumped in with them? Ask any firearms copper about legally held guns and he/she'll tell you that at least they have people to eliminate from their enquiries, with legit shooters. They know where your guns are which makes them much more agreeable to our cause.

Guest ceredigion bull cross

Seek legal advice. I know a certain hunting forum member that took the Crown to task over this kind of nonsense and won. Have a chat with countryside solictor and see what he says because it sounds like your local force might be trying to discourage you.

Licensing will be coming in at some stage.

Criminals won't apply for licences but why should we be lumped in with them? Ask any firearms copper about legally held guns and he/she'll tell you that at least they have people to eliminate from their enquiries, with legit shooters. They know where your guns are which makes them much more agreeable to our cause.

talk about give a dog a bad name ............. once a criminal allways a criminal by the sound of it

Hey if you do the crime do the f*****g time. There are plenty of lads with criminal records that have FAC's and are legit shooters and it sounds like you've been lied to by the police, like many other lads that apply for FAC's and have criminal records. :rolleyes:

Airgun licensing will be coming in. Like it or not it's on the cards.

Seeking legal advice will see if you can be a legit shooter, or not, when it does. If you can't, for whatever reasons, then you'll either have to offload your guns or face the potential consequences if you get caught with them. That's entirely upto you.

When I said criminals won't apply for licenses I meant that if you're going to do an armed robbery or a drive by shooting you're very unlikely to apply to the police for the necessary permits. :rolleyes:

If you've served your debt to society then good on you but it serves you right for getting caught in the first place. ;)

Edited by ChrisJones
  • 2 weeks later...

I expect something draconian and unworkable.

Thats my fear Chris :(

P.S. I use one of those sh*tty cheap Chinese imports :laugh:

its hard to get away from the chinese imports in every thing we buy,

it stops all the good quality manufacturing of eveything .

if we dont buy decent stuff , then one day all the good makers of all we love will be out of business

and it will all be chinese shite.

british and proud of it.

p.s.

dont drink owt with aspartame in it

check it out on the web.