Where's the best place to get one of these night vision units from within the UK, I understand there USA spec and not to be exported so is a secondhand unit the only option?

What about buying in the states and bringing one home? Would they get checked by customs?

Cheers

Ian , these are a serious bit of kit , and very very good . My mate has one and has just got a double for it . You should ask on the Night vision section on BBS , some very knowledgeable blokes there . Let me know how you get on , i`lll ask about for you . Bust

http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/Night-Vision-Goggles-Monocular-Binocular-NVM14.htm

thats the NON military evquivalent .

Edited by Buster321c

Ian , these are a serious bit of kit , and very very good . My mate has one and has just got a double for it . You should ask on the Night vision section on BBS , some very knowledgeable blokes there . Let me know how you get on , i`lll ask about for you . Bust

http://www.nightvisi...cular-NVM14.htm

Thats only gen2+ buster, thought the pvs was 14 was gen 3?

Yes I'll have to look into them more.. :)

http://www.nightvisi...cular-NVM14.htm

Thats only gen2+ buster, thought the pvs was 14 was gen 3?

Yes I'll have to look into them more.. :)

Thats the best a quick google could do mate

• 2 weeks later...

you can pick them up from £1700 upto £2400 depending on the condition of tube ,i know of one sold for £1000, best joining a nv forum www.nightvisionforumuk.com •

be carefull what you buy though as most will be military use ,if caught with one of these it will be pinched and carry a hefty prison term. probably best asking clive ward hes a nv dealer at nvscopes

Clives been out of touch for some time now as his father took bad a couple of months ago

also if your after independent advice ask about on the other forums (BBS is a good place to start) as any dealer will try and steer you towards there kit

Also once in the country it is not illegal to own, buy or sell the units it's only illegal to import them however if you do get an ex us mil spec unit it will more than likely have no tube details on it so you need to be carefull what your buying! any genuine seller should be more than willing to let you look through the unit before you hand over any cash

if your def after a unit i can probably still source you a decent one but you'd be looking at around the £2100-£2200 range but the tubes will be good quality clear and practically if not completely spotless