Not a dig, as I hope you know Gafer, but once you start using that English leather, the days of your £25 collars are over, you'll put the same work in but the raw materials will easily cost you 3 times the price.

I'd swerve Abbey mate, and go to the source, Abbey know how to charge!!1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi lads do any of you no of any leather shops other than le prevo

Marcus gear, they've got a website but think your best off ringin them, my mate has bought some good hides off them but I expect you have to buy a whole one, is it for collars or something?

this is my whippet bitches collar that i made for her last summer made with top end britsh leathers, she had it on ever day iv lost count how many times that shes been in and out of water rolled in fo

Posted Images

Not a dig, as I hope you know Gafer, but once you start using that English leather, the days of your £25 collars are over, you'll put the same work in but the raw materials will easily cost you 3 times the price.

i no ss its far from cheep i am guna stick with what i am doing if i used english i would have to sell them at silly price's and i am shifting a few as i am pal as the saying goes don't piss on ya own fire :thumbs:

i no ss its far from cheep i am guna stick with what i am doing if i used english i would have to sell them at silly price's and i am shifting a few as i am pal as the saying goes don't piss on ya own fire :thumbs:

That's fair enough, and as you've been honest about it and everyone knows what they are getting then that is fair and no one can complain about them not being made from English leather.

If lads want finest English leather then there's H+W, I believe he uses English which is why his cost more.

I've seen lads drop £15 collars like they were on fire when they ask the price, if you're selling more expensive ones then best of luck to you lol.

We all started somewhere.

buying at source is the key ,i use english tanned , bet i dont pay alot more than imported ..difference is english tanned is a better product in my view .. ;)

Its nice to see three guys obviously in the same 'trade' that are not bitching and slagging each others products off. It speaks volumes about integrity, keep it up guys, .... :thumbs: Plenty of room for everyone and i wish you all the best. :victory: JD

Its nice to see three guys obviously in the same 'trade' that are not bitching and slagging each others products off. It speaks volumes about integrity, keep it up guys, .... :thumbs: Plenty of room for everyone and i wish you all the best. :victory: JD

how did ya find yore collars i made for y d hope the fitted well

Have to disagree SS. A basic 1 1/2" leather collar which would last a bulldog or stafford his lifetime & more will cost less than a tenner to make & less so if buying materials in bulk. Thats using quality materials & a similar design to yours or doubled up.

Have to disagree SS. A basic 1 1/2" leather collar which would last a bulldog or stafford his lifetime & more will cost less than a tenner to make & less so if buying materials in bulk. Thats using quality materials & a similar design to yours or doubled up.

never mate, not for top end leathers and brass

the leather i have seen is very expensive so there for my collars would have to go up if i used it so i am going to stick with what i am doing

the prics of britsh leathers has gone thor the roof, but its the best in the world thats why i buy and use it on all of my work, i do my 2" double buckle whippet collars with a matching lead for £40 pluss P&P made with top end leathers all hand stitched, some places get over £20 for the leads made with the same leathers and some get more made with leathers that will not last a few years, if you wont your work to last the test of time and to be around long after you have gone then its got to be top end britsh leathers.

I'm not here to argue,just stating a fact.

As i said,a basic 1 1/2" leather collar for a bulldog on a chain with no worries at all on safety. D-Ring,full roller buckle,3.5-3.8mm leather & rivets.

Fair enough if it has all the trimmings & is hand stitched,then you want paying for your time which in all honesty should be more than what the collar cost to make due to the time involved.

I'm not here to argue,just stating a fact.

As i said,a basic 1 1/2" leather collar for a bulldog on a chain with no worries at all on safety. D-Ring,full roller buckle,3.5-3.8mm leather & rivets.

Fair enough if it has all the trimmings & is hand stitched,then you want paying for your time which in all honesty should be more than what the collar cost to make due to the time involved.

Fair enough mate ;)

this is my whippet bitches collar that i made for her last summer made with top end britsh leathers, she had it on ever day iv lost count how many times that shes been in and out of water rolled in fox shit and mud and me washing it in hot soapy water then just letting it dry over night befor iv give it a going over with saddle soap and then leather food a 5 min job to do to bring it back like new. a dog collar for life :thumbs:

brand new

295706_2072652537175_1270758838_1825481_935914568_n.jpg

after a few months

DSCN3661.jpg

• Like 1