What's the best ever bag you have taken (no bull)

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

cookie a genuine question. if you lived in a area that held low rabbit numbers and you couldnt get permission on good populated ground would you pack the game in?

Yes but with 30000 acres accross oxfordshire wilts gloucester berkshire I fear not a issue.

But I have mates who have dogs and ferrets caged up for weeks on end due to family work life comitments etc.

For me if I could get out that little and only work the mutts and ferts that little I would just get out with others who do it more offten to save the time and effort of animal ownership and to be fair to the animials .

So the straight awswer for me its numbers with the enjoyment of the great countryside second nowt wrong with that and now wrong with it being the enjoyment of working animals and catching lower numbers.

As I do get older I do enjoy working the animals more than when I was younger but its still a numbers game to me but there is nothing wrong with others just getting ot there .

What strikes me is some members have thoughts that we all have diffrents of opinion but we must agree with them on certain subjects.

ATB Cookie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First trip to the dales some years back after 4 an half hours ferreting and the lad who i was with wanted to get off as the weather started turning wet and misrable or well into 3 figures would have b

Right the idea is not to slag off anyone or to make comments that would upset others, this is supposed to be a general banter thread. There's nothing wrong if you go out and get 2 or 3, it's not about

ive had 100 plus 3 times, 112 on some permission with 6 of us and a 109 on another place and a 101 some where we werent meant to be lol

Posted Images

As with all things you can only catch whats there I for one am a numbers man I cant see the point catching 4 or 5 on a regular basis .

Yes is enjoyable to get out there whatever you catch numbers wise .

I dont think catching 40/50 with a gang of 5/6 blokes that speical as its numbers make it easier to lay nets quicker more hands to catch etc etc.

ATB Cookie

Why does everything you post come across as "I'm better than you"

I can't work out if you do it just to be antoginistic or you've got Whin by proxy syndrome.

Why does ever reply that you and Jai involve popping away at me you complained and cried about about replies to your new pups and how they dissed your pups breeding etc.

Yet you keep on knocking my replies the simple fact is if you dont like what I put dont reply or report it to a MOD if it offends you.

ATB Cookie

Why because you're always trying to belittle people all the time.............I complained and cried. :D Don't think I did mate.

It dosen't offend me, since you've came on this site you've tried to put everybody down and just generally piss people off.

If me and Jai have a pop all the time its usually warranted and if we have a pop all the time then why offer us out for a days ferreting?

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

As with all things you can only catch whats there I for one am a numbers man I cant see the point catching 4 or 5 on a regular basis .

Yes is enjoyable to get out there whatever you catch numbers wise .

I dont think catching 40/50 with a gang of 5/6 blokes that speical as its numbers make it easier to lay nets quicker more hands to catch etc etc.

ATB Cookie

Why does everything you post come across as "I'm better than you"

I can't work out if you do it just to be antoginistic or you've got Whin by proxy syndrome.

Why does ever reply that you and Jai involve popping away at me you complained and cried about about replies to your new pups and how they dissed your pups breeding etc.

Yet you keep on knocking my replies the simple fact is if you dont like what I put dont reply or report it to a MOD if it offends you.

ATB Cookie

Why because you're always trying to belittle people all the time.............I complained and cried. :D Don't think I did mate.

It dosen't offend me, since you've came on this site you've tried to put everybody down and just generally piss people off.

If me and Jai have a pop all the time its usually warranted and if we have a pop all the time then why offer us out for a days ferreting?

With such wise words and spoken for all the other members since on came on the site and the ferretting side you two have non stopped badgered ever reply of mine somethink other members have not done .

I feel That we are never going to agree on things so this will be my last post on any reply to you .

ATB Cookie and happy hunting in the future :thumbs:

cookie you,ve got some funny idea,s, "i,m a numbers man", "can,t see the point in catching 4 or 5,s " blah blah blah, its maybe hard for you to percieve but some folk enjoy just going out for a wee mooch, not looking for numbers, just being out and about is enough and if you get one or two its a bonus, and another thing you seem to be implying if folk ain,t hunting day in day out they,re somehow being unfair to their animals :hmm:

• Like 1

ive havent done loads of ferreting but my best day was 33 that was 2 of us. never been near it before or since it was one of those days when everything just went well. i didnt expect to see 33 rabbits that day let alone catch them which made it all the better.

Not looking to help brake the record,to far away.Good luck though.

Dont mind posting a picture,heres my biggest bag so far,only been ferreting for about 9 months.

Nothing compared to some of the bags you guys get but it was a good day,few hours to get these fuckers lol

post-59622-0-37108500-1329583417_thumb.jpg

my best bag is 91 ferreting , there were 4 of us for about 3-4 hours , then 2 lads left,,, and me and breeze of here carried on,,, we had 2 in one net that day as well,,, thats a first for me..... i have also had 51,,,, working totaly alone :thumbs: a good mate of here steve called woodga has had 230 in one day ferreting ,, wich is a huge amount

also had a good few 70+ days and many 60,s,,,,

my best lamping with the lurcher ,, is 100 with 2 dogs exactly 50 each,, and 101 with 3 dogs but my bitch cought 53 of those.

heres some pics :thumbs:

this was 100 with 2 dogs lamping

DSCF1231.jpg

this is the 91 with breeze

post-56-1235752467.jpg

theres 70 odd in this pic

DSCF0366.jpg

62 i think in this pic,,,,, i got hundreds of more pics :laugh::icon_redface: think this will do for the time being

DSCF0295.jpg

Fantastic bags and pics well done Tomo like the pic with them all on the gate.

Right the idea is not to slag off anyone or to make comments that would upset others, this is supposed to be a general banter thread. There's nothing wrong if you go out and get 2 or 3, it's not about, I, or we are better than you. It's supposed to be all about loving our sport and providing some pest control but mainly enjoying what you do. I love every minute and I am out there come sun, rain, snow, freezing conditions etc.

I just like to see that others are enjoying it too, and it's nice to see some big bags regardless of how many were on the job, does it matter?

Look at those pics Tomo put up, they are dream days and should be celebrated not kept hush hush in case someone don't like taking too many. I don't mind if there are 10 or just me on my own, but that's not the same, what a good crack it is with the lads, and we always take some young uns or newbies to teach them the ropes.

As for the (BIG BASH) next year, that's the new name for it I have decided, I will get a fair few of you, yes more than just 2, and we will cover a couple of farms with plenty to go at. I won't take any names now but it will happen and I will post a thread closer to the time. It will be late in the season to have a last ditch attempt to clear a few, just keep an eye open for it.

I will need people who can be trusted and will respect the land, fill in any digs and tidy up after them but most of all not to go trying to acquire the land for themselves, these will be my permissions. No hare coursing, no guns, maps will be supplied etc.

• Like 3

Steve. If you want a couple of trust worthy, experianced lads, to help you out on your record attempt, give me a shout. You know that we have all the gear, experiance etc etc, and will just get on with it and get it done, with full respect for the land etc. Got a list of folk that could vouch for us as long as my arm. GOt no interest in guns, hares, or having land in lincolnshire, it;s too far for regular visits.

P.S Cookie, i do not dislike you or give you shit, so i dont know where you get that from. In fact i think it was you calling me an idiot recently for running my dog on hardground when ferreting. Relax mate, get over it.

best day ferreting 48 just nets worst day ferreting gutting 48

best day ferreting 9 just nets

best night shooting 140 worst night shooting gutting 140

best night shooting 21 :thumbs: :thumbs:

if iam out its always a good day

Edited by archiekale

best bag was 71,back in 1993 up in northumberland,there were 4 of us 3 dogs and 6 ferrets.worked from dawn to dusk,lots of rabbits about then.keeper used to have a couple of old fadshioned walled in warrens with pop holes round the sides.just took rabbits when he wanted any,happy days.no pics did not have a camera then.

Some memories I gather then, I started ferreting 40 years ago when I was 10 and it was like I had found treasure. I loved it but after about 3 years I had a break for a couple of years until I was about 18 or so. I then met up with the likes of Dave Liko and Chris Seymour and it started to become more frequent and at one stage I had 60 ferrets for breeding purposes in an awesome set up. That was hard work, you can't work that many ferrets so I finished up selling most of them, you can't have that many ferrets and not work them it's criminal.

Well now I am into my 50th I still find the time to go even though I have so much else to do, I have a fishing bait company (Miracle Baits) and also a semi pro fisherman. This takes up so much time but you have to pay the bills.......

my biggest bag was 81 up at malham back in the early nineties. this was two men and two beddy lurchers plus ferrets. we used to get 50 or 60 most times back in the good old days but they are long gone up there now. it was easy land to work that was covered in rabbits so it wasnt hard to get good bags.i still go to a few places up the dales but lucky to get 20 now but what a beautiful place to catch a few bunnies. its not the numbers i miss, because sometimes it was more like a days work than pleasure, but i do miss seeing the lurcher coursing on good open land. alot of what we do now is hedge bottoming and the like so dogs dont get many good runs. we sometimes travel 60 miles to our permission and only get 8 or 10 but i just love having the craic with mates and being out and about. if you do need a hand steve i would love to come down for a day to help out.dont live far from the rest of your crew.

• Like 1