What's the best ever bag you have taken (no bull)

Come on guys what's the best ever bag you have taken, give us a story and pics if you have any, It would be nice to have that really special day. I am planning on doing a record bid next season and will need some grafters willing to help out, are you interested?

I only want trustworthy guys that will respect the land and be willing to graft on some tricky land. Rewards could be plenty of bunnies and a chance to be a record holder.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First trip to the dales some years back after 4 an half hours ferreting and the lad who i was with wanted to get off as the weather started turning wet and misrable or well into 3 figures would have b

Right the idea is not to slag off anyone or to make comments that would upset others, this is supposed to be a general banter thread. There's nothing wrong if you go out and get 2 or 3, it's not about

ive had 100 plus 3 times, 112 on some permission with 6 of us and a 109 on another place and a 101 some where we werent meant to be lol

Posted Images

i havent had really big bags of rabbits my biggest was 28 a good few years ago theres not to many rabbits round where i live so i struggle to get big bags of rabbits i went to a place i used to go a few years ago the other week that used to hold a few bunnys and it was dead the farmer said that mixy had been over and he hadnt seen rabbits there for a couple of years so i need to have a look about and try to find some new spots to ferret now. atb pal :thumbs:

When my dad and i went to my uncles at Perth when he used to work on a big estate we would get seventy odd a day ferret Saturday and Sunday Set a few snares etc and my aunty would take the rabbits to Bands of Perth on a Monday and that was the petrol money for the next week .

my best bag is 91 ferreting , there were 4 of us for about 3-4 hours , then 2 lads left,,, and me and breeze of here carried on,,, we had 2 in one net that day as well,,, thats a first for me..... i have also had 51,,,, working totaly alone :thumbs: a good mate of here steve called woodga has had 230 in one day ferreting ,, wich is a huge amount

also had a good few 70+ days and many 60,s,,,,

my best lamping with the lurcher ,, is 100 with 2 dogs exactly 50 each,, and 101 with 3 dogs but my bitch cought 53 of those.

heres some pics :thumbs:

this was 100 with 2 dogs lamping

DSCF1231.jpg

this is the 91 with breeze

post-56-1235752467.jpg

theres 70 odd in this pic

DSCF0366.jpg

62 i think in this pic,,,,, i got hundreds of more pics :laugh::icon_redface: think this will do for the time being

DSCF0295.jpg

Come on guys what's the best ever bag you have taken, give us a story and pics if you have any, It would be nice to have that really special day. I am planning on doing a record bid next season and will need some grafters willing to help out, are you interested?

I only want trustworthy guys that will respect the land and be willing to graft on some tricky land. Rewards could be plenty of bunnies and a chance to be a record holder.

Me and Ideation will help you out on that "record attempt" :D if we are welcome. :thumbs:

my best bag is 91 ferreting , there were 4 of us for about 3-4 hours , then 2 lads left,,, and me and breeze of here carried on,,, we had 2 in one net that day as well,,, thats a first for me..... i have also had 51,,,, working totaly alone :thumbs: a good mate of here steve called woodga has had 230 in one day ferreting ,, wich is a huge amount

also had a good few 70+ days and many 60,s,,,,

my best lamping with the lurcher ,, is 100 with 2 dogs exactly 50 each,, and 101 with 3 dogs but my bitch cought 53 of those.

heres some pics :thumbs:

this was 100 with 2 dogs lamping

DSCF1231.jpg

this is the 91 with breeze

post-56-1235752467.jpg

theres 70 odd in this pic

DSCF0366.jpg

62 i think in this pic,,,,, i got hundreds of more pics :laugh::icon_redface: think this will do for the time being

DSCF0295.jpg

+1

Some good days there TOMO. :thumbs:

Me and Ideation will help you out on that "record attempt" :D if we are welcome. :thumbs:

ill give you a hand as well if im invited id like a go at that

ive done the ton a couple of times and managed a 183 on aday that started at 6am and ended at around7pm. if i can get my scanner sorted iwill put some pics up :thumbs: but since i moved to leicester the biggest bag ive managed is a 32.

steve im origionally from your neck of the woods,so know what most of the land is like to work, if you want a hand on this planned day of yours give me a shout mate, and il have a word with the lads i go with and pop over. can get refferences too i you wanted them :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Ferretting from 6 am to 7pm what time of year was that july/august intresting reading .

I catch 40s 50 s some 70s but I think the major diffrents I can see from posts and pictures is the guys taking big numbers are in fair size gangs I mostly work on my own so doing the ton is near on impossable with nets .

I catch 40 or 50 on my todd I am knackered

As with all things you can only catch whats there I for one am a numbers man I cant see the point catching 4 or 5 on a regular basis .

Yes is enjoyable to get out there whatever you catch numbers wise .

I dont think catching 40/50 with a gang of 5/6 blokes that speical as its numbers make it easier to lay nets quicker more hands to catch etc etc.

ferrettingjanuary29h2012003.jpg

Ferretting1stdecember2010002.jpg

My best day last year on my own with two dogs long and purse nets 69

Ferretting4thdecember2010.jpg

ATB Cookie

Ferretting from 6 am to 7pm what time of year was that july/august intresting reading .

I catch 40s 50 s some 70s but I think the major diffrents I can see from posts and pictures is the guys taking big numbers are in fair size gangs I mostly work on my own so doing the ton is near on impossable with nets .

I catch 40 or 50 on my todd I am knackered

As with all things you can only catch whats there I for one am a numbers man I cant see the point catching 4 or 5 on a regular basis .

I dont think catching 40/50 with a gang of 5/6 blokes that speical as its numbers make it easier to lay nets quicker more hands to catch etc etc.

ferrettingjanuary29h2012003.jpg

Ferretting1stdecember2010002.jpg

My best day last year on my own with two dogs long and purse nets 69

Ferretting4thdecember2010.jpg

ATB Cookie

:thumbs: to be fair it was in july. with 5 blokes and 2 dogs. the landowner asked us to hit them hard as they were making a real mess of the woods and his feilds where he kept his horses. ther has always been huge numbers there and as far as im aware there still are but the estate was bought by someone else who moved in his own pest control. the land i talk of is in lincoln and is a smallish estate on burton road just past the flyover, incase there is anyone on here who lives near there or has worked it before and knows the place

ATB Cookie

Why does everything you post come across as "I'm better than you"

I can't work out if you do it just to be antoginistic or you've got Whin by proxy syndrome.

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

ATB Cookie

Why does everything you post come across as "I'm better than you"

I can't work out if you do it just to be antoginistic or you've got Whin by proxy syndrome.

Why does ever reply that you and Jai involve popping away at me you complained and cried about about replies to your new pups and how they dissed your pups breeding etc.

Yet you keep on knocking my replies the simple fact is if you dont like what I put dont reply or report it to a MOD if it offends you.

ATB Cookie