Would you keep a 10 minute Wonder

Guest AngelicAcid

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

spot on alimac, we have a dog that stays, but as im to old to get down to him quickly ive to watch where i go with him, i cant let him loose anymore , but we have a bolting bitch that can be taken out

ay im a 3 min wonder and thats getting my kit off too and the missus has kept me :boogy:

Posted Images

I understand what you are saying Alimac,but personnaly i wouldn,t have a one. Like i said in my first reply,you stick a ten minute wonder in a new spot,you get a mark of 1.4 for instance the ten minute wonder comes out,you drop another dog in and the game moves to a much deeeper part then what was the point of the ten minute wonder,believe me i,m not trying t start an argument just my point.

It all boils down to,how serious you take your terrier work.

I like to think i take mine fairly serious or i did :laugh: i also like to think ive not walked over alot of place's scared to put a terrier in and that ive had faith and trust in the dog's ive kept over the year's, my opinion is a 10 minute wonder is a waste of kennel space and a waste of terrier box space on an outing what other purpose do they serve other than a depth finder half of them aint got the ball's to put something in a stopend anyway and like said above quarry doe's move while it find's it's way out and another dog entered,i would rather put a decent bayer mixer type straight in and get on with the job, we all know quarry will still move even with a decent dog in and you have to let a dog settle to it's work,i wouldnt even dream of sinking a hole within 10 to 30 min's anyway so i see the 10 minute wonder flawed imo unless ye are the type that like to stick a dog in a 2ft to 3ft 1 holer and dig like f**k when ye hear a terrier on :laugh:
  • Like 3

It all boils down to,how serious you take your terrier work.

I like to think i take mine fairly serious or i did :laugh: i also like to think ive not walked over alot of place's scared to put a terrier in and that ive had faith and trust in the dog's ive kept over the year's, my opinion is a 10 minute wonder is a waste of kennel space and a waste of terrier box space on an outing what other purpose do they serve other than a depth finder half of them aint got the ball's to put something in a stopend anyway and like said above quarry doe's move while it find's it's way out and another dog entered,i would rather put a decent bayer mixer type straight in and get on with the job, we all know quarry will still move even with a decent dog in and you have to let a dog settle to it's work,i wouldnt even dream of sinking a hole within 10 to 30 min's anyway so i see the 10 minute wonder flawed imo unless ye are the type that like to stick a dog in a 2ft to 3ft 1 holer and dig like f**k when ye hear a terrier on :laugh:

you would still have the prediciment of how to dig your decent bayer/mixer from a un diggable spot would you not? i can hand on heart have never entered mine to find the depth of where quarry might be sitting, because half the time, as has been said the quarry will have shifted to a diff part of the earth, so cant see that being a good reason to keep one.. you wouldnt start to dig to one neihter as its only a 10 min wonder, youd have different dogs there for lifting turf over, so that wouldnt be the reason youd keep one either.. if you dont have the use for one then thats your choice, but the two iv had have produced plenty from spots only a mug would put anything but a little shite 10minute pop um out wonder dog.

id like to think i take the terrier game seriously too, as if i didnt id be out of a job..

If the dogs only a ten minute wonder, how in all honesty can you put 100% trust in the dog ????

I've seen seasoned decent workers that stay until dug passing stuff in the past and only found out because we would usually always try another terrier along a bank after the first dogs said no ones at home. A few people have been embarrassed over the years to say the least. So if you have a wee yo yo that you use for big spots etc and it says no you ain't really in any position to drop another dog to double check so really and truly you could be walking past stuff and you don't even know it !!!! Plus as I only hunt for the love of it and not as a job I don't mind avoiding undiggable places as they're feeder burrows and provide a safe haven for breeding etc but supply all the rest of the diggable places all threw the season which suits me alright. Not everyone's cuppa cha but there you go. Atb

• Like 1

THATZ exactly the dog I want sumit u can put in all the big places and get a bolt rather than a 26 ft dig so if anyone gets on of these an doesn't want it I'll have it

put me down for one aswell,everyone wants a dog like that,but what happens if quarry dosnt bolt,youll have a dog that will walk,like i said earlier not for me.

THATZ exactly the dog I want sumit u can put in all the big places and get a bolt rather than a 26 ft dig so if anyone gets on of these an doesn't want it I'll have it

put me down for one aswell,everyone wants a dog like that,but what happens if quarry dosnt bolt,youll have a dog that will walk,like i said earlier not for me.

poke one of they right up yer shitter, nothing but guttles on not to be confussed with a bolting terrier!

wonders need culling not wondering if it will eventually stay, knock off the list!!!