anyone ever had a lakeland bull cross ??

had a 1st cross end of this season he was bout 17 tts and built like shit house

he was very hard and didnt hav great nose ( due to bein smashed up all time )

i got rid him for this reason but hear gud reports of him

atb artful

• Like 1

I had a couple of 1st cross Lakie/ Staff about 25 yrs ago.One was useless the other very hard but never left her game despite taking alot of punishment. It was only when her offspring came of age that the benifits of this cross was really proved. Strong well boned jaws, spannable, Stayed well but had a brain ! The next generation were even better.

Edited by BRIANB
  • Like 1
  • 6 years later...

I've had two many years ago, 30+ years ago ! Jesus that makes me feel old.

They were both wreckless to say the least, one I only had a hand full of digs over before I had to PTS, the other I parted company with because it was heading in the same direction. 

I was to young and stupid to own a dog of that nature,  my experience didn't match the dogs drive and and nature. If I was honest,  even now I wouldn't have a dog like that given to me, with all the experience I've had I couldn't watch a dog self destruct like those two did.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, jiggy said:

If a Lakeland needs bull blood added then it wasn't good enough to breed out of to begin with.

If a Lakie has bull added it becomes a bull headed black dog.

There's almost no working lines of Lakeland left but plenty of the other.

• Like 1

Not a lakiexbull but I had a lakiexwheaten and a very good dog he was had to be pts in the end he went both blind and deaf and actually became a liability as he would latch on to anything within range.I think it was that he could just see shadows and was confused so the kindest deed was done for the dog.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2018 at 11:17, Bryan said:

If a Lakie has bull added it becomes a bull headed black dog.

There's almost no working lines of Lakeland left but plenty of the other.

Plenty lines working fell lakey types up north but very few older lines of staff left even dying out in Ireland now just kc type staffs about now no drive or stamina in them very few redbull o.flynne or any trial working lines left many claim to have them tho 

• Like 1