thank f**k for insurance

got my lad back from the vets last night, long story short he wasnt seeming well for few days, vomiting a bit, generally down, off his food but eating a little, vet said take him home give him some meds, i insisted they did more as he really isn't himself and i know my dog something was real wrong.

x ray revealed a blockage of some sort in the stomach so in for surgery and the lad was touch and go obviously was weak due to not eating enough. and the little sods swallowed a plastic lid, looks like its off some yoghurt or cream pot. anyway vets bill was £1005.39 f**k me so glad i got him insured.

glad you dogs ok , in my experience if you are making an insurance claim to pay the vets bill rather than pay cash the price seems to double or even triple ive known friends take there dogs to the vets for two identicle operations and the price has been vastly different the only difference is one was a cash sale the other was an insurance claim anyone else noticed this ?

• Like 1

glad you dogs ok , in my experience if you are making an insurance claim to pay the vets bill rather than pay cash the price seems to double or even triple ive known friends take there dogs to the vets for two identicle operations and the price has been vastly different the only difference is one was a cash sale the other was an insurance claim anyone else noticed this ?

Aye mate thats why vet bills are high sky all due to insurance.

• Like 1

Beware of some of the ones which start out cheap. If you do make a claim they shoot right up.

Rude boys current insurance claim is currently at £2,049.00. Thank god for insurance or i would have had to sell a kidney :laugh:

• Like 1

Good on ya mate. Which insurer do you use?

petplan, its expensive but they pay the vets direct.

and yes they do seem to put price up for insurance claims, not right really but what can you do?

Stay with petplan mate, especially with a running dog where you can get a lot of nasty leg breaks and bone injuries........i had a dog break its leg once and was able to just have her refferred to Noel Fitzpatrick with no questions asked and they paid direct too.

Its the way forward........hope your dog has a speedy recovery.

atb

Good on ya mate. Which insurer do you use?

petplan, its expensive but they pay the vets direct.

and yes they do seem to put price up for insurance claims, not right really but what can you do?

Stay with petplan mate, especially with a running dog where you can get a lot of nasty leg breaks and bone injuries........i had a dog break its leg once and was able to just have her refferred to Noel Fitzpatrick with no questions asked and they paid direct too.

Its the way forward........hope your dog has a speedy recovery.

atb

wow that is good. suppose you get what you pay for, last month i was considering stopping it as i have only ever used it on 100-200 quid bills before and with a 90 quid excess hardly seemed worth it but so glad i didnt.