5/8 grey 3/8 collie

Has anyone had this cross it sounds interesting , I haven't heard much about this cross so was looking for some info and pics

If you lads have any pics please pop them up

Thanks atb JD

Edited by J.DOG

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as will a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound father x a greyhound dam, thats the way mine was bred. she's 4 now and doing fine  

beardy x she is 2 doing well

just another pic [bANNED TEXT] out today

Posted Images

She was just over a year old in this photo and was making a cracking pot filler. Nice dog to be around,sadly did not make old bones

killed herself at two and a half years old.Must admit i am a fan of this cross fast enough for most things and plenty of brains to run smart.I know a lot of folk reckon a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey is a better cross,but for me i like 5/8 3/8 or first cross dogs.Don't reckon i would keep another three quarter cross unless the ban was lifted.

ellie3.jpg

• Like 4

79aa9409.jpg

c69ba392.jpg

f5dfd859.jpg

e01c8c9c.jpg

border , beardie grey , she is only 12 months and hasnt done a huge amount of work yet , but she is vary keen , and loves the bunnys and catches quite well , and is surprisingly fast

as for training she is clever and pics things up quite quickly , i have learnt tho that she needs a firm hand as she will try and take the piss and do what she likes given half a chance but she is still young yet , and now that i have learnt how to handle her she is much more responsive

edited to add . she has a good nose on her 2 and hunts up well in the day and is constantly on the go

Edited by chilly

She was just over a year old in this photo and was making a cracking pot filler. Nice dog to be around,sadly did not make old bones

killed herself at two and a half years old.Must admit i am a fan of this cross fast enough for most things and plenty of brains to run smart.I know a lot of folk reckon a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey is a better cross,but for me i like 5/8 3/8 or first cross dogs.Don't reckon i would keep another three quarter cross unless the ban was lifted.

ellie3.jpg

that's smart looking , very eye catching

79aa9409.jpg

c69ba392.jpg

f5dfd859.jpg

e01c8c9c.jpg

border , beardie grey , she is only 12 months and hasnt done a huge amount of work yet , but she is vary keen , and loves the bunnys and catches quite well , and is surprisingly fast

as for training she is clever and pics things up quite quickly , i have learnt tho that she needs a firm hand as she will try and take the piss and do what she likes given half a chance but she is still young yet , and now that i have learnt how to handle her she is much more responsive

edited to add . she has a good nose on her 2 and hunts up well in the day and is constantly on the go

that's a cracking dog looks well , sounds like this cross is quite good . I was looking for a dog that's good mooching ferreting dog this cross sounds perfect.