THL amazes me....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , the threads on here take a life of thier own , silly threads about dead pop stars evolve into interesting debates on drug abuse , topics involving Rangers usually result in much love and footba

Lets be honest how meny members on here do you think have bought and read the shooting times.

Do you just like moaning? Maybe this forum aint for you? Then again maybe you just like coming on here for a bit of a moan? WTF are you all about starting a topic on benefits? Or was that just somethi

Lets be brutally honest here, how many on here actually fecking hunt !? not a dig but gnasher16 i know you have admitted on being here to read and learn and self admitted do not hunt, not a direct dig but f**k me its not brain surgery going on the type of posts by our top posters !

Ive nothing to hide mate...im banned from owning dogs :icon_redface: .............so as much as id love to a morning out hunting for me takes a lot of organisation as im not doing anything with my own dogs....im lucky to get out once a week !.......im extremely jealous of a lot of you lads who can get up and out whenever you like.......doesnt mean i cant have an interest and desire to gain knowledge though does it ?.....im a big believer in learning from experience,but when that experience only tends to be a once a week delicacy......knowledge must be gained in other ways im not ashamed of that.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

<p><p>

Lets be brutally honest here, how many on here actually fecking hunt !? not a dig but gnasher16 i know you have admitted on being here to read and learn and self admitted do not hunt, not a direct dig but f**k me its not brain surgery going on the type of posts by our top posters !

.....doesnt mean i cant have an interest and desire to gain knowledge though does it ?.....

I didnt say you didnt. I wasnt aware you were banned from owning dogs, thats you covered from my observations then lol you been a bad boy mr gnash :0)

this is the general talk section, not the general talk about anything hunting related section, theres enough categories in here to post whatever you want, why not post it in the shooting section if he was a shooting man and leave the general talk for the general talk :yes:

That's just it; he wasn't just a shooting man. :no:

Lets be honest how meny members on here do you think have bought and read the shooting times.

Lets be honest how many members on here can actually read. :D

I sometimes wonder :hmm:

As for members not buying ST, what gives you that idea? This is the 'general section' of the whole forum, not just the hunting dog sections. I'm quite sure that quite a few of the shooters, ferreters and anglers on here will have heard of JH.

Yep THL does amaze me ! Now your whinging about topics that were NOT putting up ?? my crystal ball just ain't been working as good as usual !

NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M WHINGING ABOUT!

The whole point was that someone who was very important to the fieldsports world as a whole has died, and it barely gets a mention, yet other non fieldsports related 'general' topics seem to generate massive threads!

It's a question of priorties I suppose. To me, this was real news and warrented some extensive comment. Yet the death of some druggie american singer seems to be far more important to some folks.

Each to their own.

BTW, full obit to be in ST next week.

lets not split hairs mate, im sure his main passion was shooting, why dont you ask the mods to have an obituary section, mind you if they did you'd probably still come on saying "whats whitney houston doing in the obituary section, she's never hunted feck all" :thumbs:

this is the general talk section, not the general talk about anything hunting related section, theres enough categories in here to post whatever you want, why not post it in the shooting section if he was a shooting man and leave the general talk for the general talk :yes:

That's just it; he wasn't just a shooting man. :no:

Lets be honest how many members on here can actually read. :D

I sometimes wonder :hmm:

As for members not buying ST, what gives you that idea? This is the 'general section' of the whole forum, not just the hunting dog sections. I'm quite sure that quite a few of the shooters, ferreters and anglers on here will have heard of JH.

Yep THL does amaze me ! Now your whinging about topics that were NOT putting up ?? my crystal ball just ain't been working as good as usual !

NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M WHINGING ABOUT!

The whole point was that someone who was very important to the fieldsports world as a whole has died, and it barely gets a mention, yet other non fieldsports related 'general' topics seem to generate massive threads!

It's a question of priorties I suppose. To me, this was real news and warrented some extensive comment. Yet the death of some druggie american singer seems to be far more important to some folks.

Each to their own.

BTW, full obit to be in ST next week.

lets not split hairs mate, im sure his main passion was shooting, why dont you ask the mods to have an obituary section, mind you if they did you'd probably still come on saying "whats whitney houston doing in the obituary section, she's never hunted feck all" :thumbs:

Maybe not,but I bet she shot a few grams up er nose. :yes:

Why didn't you just stick a post up yourself when you found out instead of sticking one up complaining there wasn't one

Fook me undi, I thought you were one of the more intelligent members....

As I've already said (twice now) it's not that there wasn't a thread (there was here: http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/236831-john-humphreys/) it's that like lots of other relevant threads, they get drowned under the deluge of bollocks threads that are posted.

Someone who influenced alot of people, and devoted his whole life to countrysports has died and you'd hardly know it when you look in here, and some american has been singer takes an OD in the bath and it's makes a four pager!

I suppose that we shouldn't expect anymore from what was once a countrysports forum and seems to have become a 'hunting with dogs' forum.

Edited by R. Docks

f**k me, you can moan can't you :laugh:

To be fair, the american has been singer did have the best selling song by a female artist in the history of the world. . . . . . .

You are complaining because people on here are not talking about what YOU think they should be, or want them to be. It's like the kid in school who throws a paddy because the other kids don't want to play the game he wants to play.

And you are trying to blame dog men for the fact that folk find it more interesting to discuss a woman od'n on drugs, than a fieldsports writer. That's right,it's the fault of the lurcher owners. You are just making yourself sound like a fanny. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Why didn't you just stick a post up yourself when you found out instead of sticking one up complaining there wasn't one

As I've already said (twice now) it's not that there wasn't a thread (there was here: http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/236831-john-humphreys/) it's that like lots of other relevant threads, they get drowned under the deluge of bollocks threads that are posted.

Someone who influenced alot of people, and devoted his whole life to countrysports has died and you'd hardly know it when you look in here, and some american has been singer takes an OD in the bath and it's makes a four pager!

I suppose that we shouldn't expect anymore from what was once a countrysports forum and seems to have become a 'hunting with dogs' forum.

Thats the problem mate not everybody would have heard or known who he was...I certainly didn't have a clue...all I'm saying is that it would have been easier when you noticed there was no mention of the man to stick a post up acknowledging his contribution and left it for folk to comment....but now we got a post that takes away from that....as for WH making 4 pages thats general talk for you.

• Like 1

As I've already said (twice now) it's not that there wasn't a thread (there was here: http://www.thehuntin...john-humphreys/) it's that like lots of other relevant threads, they get drowned under the deluge of bollocks threads that are posted.

What an arrogant arse you are.

• Like 3

There are times when this forum just amazes me.

One of the most influential fieldsports writers died last week, and barely gets a mention, while there are multiple page threads on the death of some American singer, and several threads about some Italian who decided he didn't want to help the England Soccer team loose any more.

John Humpreys was a columnist in the Shooting times for over forty years; he worked alongside some great names like Fred Taylor, Chapman Pincher, BB, etc, etc, and also wrote several very entertaining books, some of which are now quite rare.

Is it just me? Or has this forum (and this section in particular) become a sounding board for football immigration and other non-fieldsports related issues, while more important and relevant topics are barely mentioned?

Looks like you dont actually pay attention to the site mate.

I started a thread entitled John Humpreys last week!!

Didnt get that much response!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

A legend in the shooting world, Shooting Times' much-loved columnist John Humphreys has died.

I had the pleasure of meeting him for a chat once he was a great man. R.I.P.

http://www.shootingt...asses_away.html

Edited by masmiffy

<p>

Lets be honest how many members on here can actually read.

why do people need to hunt to join a hunting forum? I'm not sure if your aware but their use to be a bull breed section on this forum and alot of lads including myself joined for that very reason, however after reading about hunting for a year or so I decided to get my first Lurcher.

People like gnasher bring alot more to the forum then people who do hunt imo. :thumbs:

• Like 1

<p>

Lets be honest how many members on here can actually read.

why do people need to hunt to join a hunting forum? I'm not sure if your aware but their use to be a bull breed section on this forum and alot of lads including myself joined for that very reason, however after reading about hunting for a year or so I decided to get my first Lurcher.

People like gnasher bring alot more to the forum then people who do hunt imo. :thumbs:

:thumbs: