spaniel cross?

wouldn't of thowt they would be an easy dog to get on with

unless you had an awful lot of work,plus you would have

to be right on top of them whilst training.i've a cocker &

it's just non stop never seems to tire & it's manic dosen't

even slow down & it's a yappy cnut not to bad in a bushin

dog but you wouldn't want it in a lurcher

This thing is manic and doesn't tire but she does chill out a bit while the ferrets to ground or your sneaking about in the dark but she's definitely silent. Spaniels should be quiet while their working and brittanys are more a pointer so I've learnt which should be even quieter. She doesn't point either.
  • Like 1

How old is she ? Do you have access to racing pigeons ? If so get a shopping basket , and place the bird under it . Attach a length of baler twine some 30 m long . Hide the basket in some rushes . Work your bitch up to it with the wind blowing in her face . She is likely to run straight in first time , if she does then make sure you pull the basket over well before she reaches it , releasing the bird . You can do this a number of times or you can try and slow her down with a check cord , holding her back , she should then realise with experience that a wild run in , results in a disappearing bird . But a more cautious approach results in her getting closer and the potential to catch . Once she points , get alongside her and stroke her this should help her hold her point for a little longer . A lurcher should not hold an indefinite point , as its merely a pause before a pounce . Once she points for a short time , stop this exercise . Then get her on ground that holds pheasant !

I had a GPS lurcher many years ago , and she would catch pheasant after a short point which she used as. Means to locate the precise location of the bird , before the pounce ! . As a Pup she was encouraged to sight point a birds wing on a Fishing rod . When she chased it was whisked quickly away , when she stalked it stayed .

Good luck . It's the ultimate skill in my humble opinion .

• Like 1

How old is she ? Do you have access to racing pigeons ? If so get a shopping basket , and place the bird under it . Attach a length of baler twine some 30 m long . Hide the basket in some rushes . Work your bitch up to it with the wind blowing in her face . She is likely to run straight in first time , if she does then make sure you pull the basket over well before she reaches it , releasing the bird . You can do this a number of times or you can try and slow her down with a check cord , holding her back , she should then realise with experience that a wild run in , results in a disappearing bird . But a more cautious approach results in her getting closer and the potential to catch . Once she points , get alongside her and stroke her this should help her hold her point for a little longer . A lurcher should not hold an indefinite point , as its merely a pause before a pounce . Once she points for a short time , stop this exercise . Then get her on ground that holds pheasant !

I had a GPS lurcher many years ago , and she would catch pheasant after a short point which she used as. Means to locate the precise location of the bird , before the pounce ! . As a Pup she was encouraged to sight point a birds wing on a Fishing rod . When she chased it was whisked quickly away , when she stalked it stayed .

Good luck . It's the ultimate skill in my humble opinion .

A GPS lurcher! Tell Darcy, sounds right up his street!

To be honest, I'd like one too. I've heard Halfords have a good line