gambling dogs/horses

Won a few grand, and lost more than a few grand over the years lol. I still gamble but no where near as I Once did. When I kept the greys there were no better feeling than getting paid out from the bookie all the hard work and holding back and and of course the dog doing the business. Flip side is when it all goes wrong and you're left with not a pot to piss in lol

Ive certainly lost a lot more than ive won over the years......but my high point was definately the Tyson/Douglas fight back in 1990 whatever it was.....it wasnt a good time for me financially :icon_redface: so a bullseye at 44/1 for a Douglas ko was a real touch at the time.....................mind you,Tysons 4 previous defences id put the same money on the same result and lost so my luck had to change sometime. :D

Ive certainly lost a lot more than ive won over the years......but my high point was definately the Tyson/Douglas fight back in 1990 whatever it was.....it wasnt a good time for me financially icon_redface.gif so a bullseye at 44/1 for a Douglas ko was a real touch at the time.....................mind you,Tysons 4 previous defences id put the same money on the same result and lost so my luck had to change sometime. biggrin.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ye knew he was over hill by then lol :D

My Dad had his own bookies shop when i was young. Used to spend a bit of time in there. He would give me a Lucky 15 and tell me to go pick 4 horses and pretend to put a 5 or 10'r on it. Well i got 4 horses up once and he paid me out 14 quid...........so either it was £1400 or £14k i won.....suppose it was his money i was gambling anyway............. :laugh:

not many poor bookies about mine lives in / owns a 6 bed farmhouse -- drives a new range rover his mrs drives a bentley and they holiday in barbados for 4 week every year ...no wonder he`s always got a smile on his mug ..

Edited by the_stig

When i fancy something i'll have a few bob on it for abit of interest but when I get word of a gamble or whatever i do lump on, usually about once maybe twice a year. If you bet big and win big once or twice a year is enough. Track and course bookies arn't finding it easy these days mind.