work in progress . pattern welded steel for knives

That looks fantastic

What are the chances that the bimetal will be felt alnong the edge ,ie, any chance of a ridge on the edge, or the metals separating?

Never seen a blade like this, are you puting this up on British Blades???

i dont think i will put this one on the other forum no mate .

the welds are tested to hell by the forging to shape there should be at this stage no chance of seperation at all. it is now one harmoginouse peice of steel .

there is some seration the cutting edge at this point but will be removed once the final edge is put on .

other than that its not to bad is it .

im sure it will still be here on saterday rob and the others .

all the best , matt.

Edited by midnight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

are you enjoying this ?   ok let cut two billets enough for knives a peice . im doing one as straigh feather the other im going to try something very new for me . its is the straight feather with

Matt, you are a skilled man indeed. Within this lifetime I will have one off you, until then please keep posting this most interesting topic.

well there done to a point i want to stop ! everyone who has seen them here at home says there good , tell me what you think . sorry iv missed out loads of the knife making stage but got loads on an

That looks fantastic

What are the chances that the bimetal will be felt alnong the edge ,ie, any chance of a ridge on the edge, or the metals separating?

Never seen a blade like this, are you puting this up on British Blades???

i dont think i will put this one on the other forum no mate .

the welds are tested to hell by the forging to shape there should be at this stage no chance of seperation at all. it is now one harmoginouse peice of steel .

there is some seration the cutting edge at this point but will be removed once the final edge is put on .

other than that its not to bad is it .

im sure it will still be here on saterday rob and the others .

all the best , matt.

its going to look the nuts mate :thumbs:

well there done to a point i want to stop !

everyone who has seen them here at home says there good , tell me what you think .

sorry iv missed out loads of the knife making stage but got loads on and wanted to finnish this for you guys ,.

here they are .

2012_0215finipw0003.jpg

2012_0215finipw0004.jpg

2012_0215finipw0008.jpg

2012_0215finipw0010.jpg

now bear in mind these are only my #3 #4 pattern welded knives ever . i failed to make forge weld billets for months and faild 23 times before i sused it ! (imagine all that steel in the bin !) and this is only my 4th peice of pattern weld steel ever .

any way who wants um ?

:)

all the best , matt.

Edited by midnight
  • Like 1

well there done to a point i want to stop !

everyone who has seen them here at home says there good , tell me what you think .

sorry iv missed out loads of the knife making stage but got loads on and wanted to finnish this for you guys ,.

here they are .

2012_0215finipw0003.jpg

2012_0215finipw0004.jpg

2012_0215finipw0008.jpg

2012_0215finipw0010.jpg

now bear in mind these are only my #3 #4 pattern welded knives ever . i failed to make forge weld billets for months and faild 23 times before i sused it ! (imagine all that steel in the bin !) and this is only my 4th peice of pattern weld steel ever .

any way who wants um ?

:)

all the best , matt.

matt fantastic bitt of art there mate wouldn't look out of place in any ones hand . who ever buys these are one luky fella or lady who ever buys them if they wont a sheath for them pm me i will gladly make something fore those works of art atb G