Guys

Finally been allowed a 4x4 by the missus after months of nagging! But i am unsure of what to get?

It will be used by our lass as her car so needs to be smallish and easily manouverable. I have a dog that will need fit in, and when i have it, it will be used as a shooting vehicle in fields so needs to be good off road. i have around £2000-£2500 to spend and would like something nice. had my eye on a couple of Pajero's but m,ost are Automatic (need Manual).

Any advice as always is much appreciated

Thanks

Longy

• Like 1

if your not going hard core off roading i would look at a terrano diesel. they are a strong engine ( london taxi engine) and more than good enough for a field. look for rust aas some rust badley

i thought london black cabs always used transit 2.5 di ?is that what is in terrano's?

He said small and manouverable and someones suggests a Hilux?! :blink:

SWB Pajeros are small and manouverable, but are a bit thirsty. But then again show me a 4x4 that isnt! I love mine but its the 2.8 automatic. And i much prefer it to the manual pajero.

The new shape Suzuki Jimnys are ok but very small inside and iv fitted new gearboxs to a few.

• Like 1

Vitara!

We use a short wheel base for lamping and its ideal recon the long wheelbase in diesel should be OK fo the dogs.

Was told the Nissan Xtrail in diesel is quite economical not sure about off road tho?

Edited by masmiffy

Had a SWB Pajero for 9 months now it's the 2.5 version and it's a great work horse, the only problem I've had is the water pump packed in cost me £270.00 to get it renewed.

Other than that it's a bit slow but then again it's going to be when compared to a modern daily saloon car.

To be honest I would have another in a heart beat if I got rid as its a cracking shooting/dog wagon.