dogo argentino attacks tv presenter

I feel sorry for the dog as it is obviously uncomfortable being where it is, but i also feel sorry for the presenter as she obviously doesn't know how to behave around strange dogs, anyone who can read a dog would never in a million years have put themselves in the position she did with that dog. Sad thing is she did and the outcome was terrible for her and the dog, i wouldn't say the dog done a full on attack as the damage would have been A LOT worse, i would say the dog was telling her to get back out its face, not good for the dog to behave in that manner but it cant exactly tell her push her hit her or kick her can it???? a dog only has his teeth to defend or attack, my grandchildren would never do to any dog what that presenter done.I wouldn't say it was a "bad" dog i'd say it was a bit unsociable under stress and the owner should have known not to put the dog or anyone in that position..............a bad dog i have witnessed when i was young, my friend and i were in her garden and her mum was walking back into the house when the family pet doberman jumped on her mums back and attacked her horrendously, she ended up with over 500 stitches, that in my opinion is a bad dog who deserved being pts.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what people are saying is Don't put your face near a dog's unless you know it well. It is a stupid thing to do as the dog might see it are you trying to show your dominance over it, secondly I

Hardly the presenters fault, regardless of what she did. She did not show any aggression or inflict any pain to the dog. If it had been a child putting it's face near the dog and the dog bit it, woul

Cracks me up the way some folk are defending this like its not really the dogs fault !......Shame these excuses never got made for pit bulls !.......To say " its not the dogs fault because the woman p

:blink: So we was in agreement all along then :D ............i dont disagree with any of that.....but whats that got to do with nature versus nurture,which was basically the reason you was giving for dogs attacking people :blink: ...never mind.

The reason there is so many dogs in shelters all across the world is a society issue......not a dog issue.

my point is this bud,

if that dog on tv had grown up in my yard, how ever it was bred hard blood soft blood in fact whatever the breeding of it, i can wager my home on it that it would not have bitten that woman,100%

we can call that nature vs nurture or whatever we choose but its not how i see it, because at the end of the the day its about understanding the canine whatever the blood soft or hard,,weak nerves or high drive, its all the same to me, its about dealing with the dog itself, not the process of training used to blanket all dogs and treat them all the same,

best of luck

I'm sorry but i dont understand all this 'the dog is under stress' being used as an excuse. How do you know it was under stress? Did it bite the arm of the boy saving it from the icy water cause i'm f*****g well dam sure it was under alot more stress then than it was sitting in the studio?? It looked to me to be acting quite fine, even happy to get its ear played with during the interview. It was only when the silly cow put her face near it it reacted. Now as i've said before i think its unacceptable for a dog to act like that and it needs to be put to sleep.

• Like 1

:blink: So we was in agreement all along then :D ............i dont disagree with any of that.....but whats that got to do with nature versus nurture,which was basically the reason you was giving for dogs attacking people :blink: ...never mind.

The reason there is so many dogs in shelters all across the world is a society issue......not a dog issue.

my point is this bud,

if that dog on tv had grown up in my yard, how ever it was bred hard blood soft blood in fact whatever the breeding of it, i can wager my home on it that it would not have bitten that woman,100%

we can call that nature vs nurture or whatever we choose but its not how i see it, because at the end of the the day its about understanding the canine whatever the blood soft or hard,,weak nerves or high drive, its all the same to me, its about dealing with the dog itself, not the process of training used to blanket all dogs and treat them all the same,

best of luck

Your posts have been informative and a very good read but i can assure you 100% that you cant say that for certain............ :thumbs:

• Like 2

Thats a very bold statement.....as much as i dont want to offend you......its a very naive one !

Your going down dangerous ground by thinking because YOU raised your dog with your own understanding that means that dog is 100 % reliable..........would you leave that same dog around a child without supervision ?.....you see where im going ?

Hard blood soft blood,great environment poor environment......you just cannot be so flippant as regards genetic inheritance......

" you cannot put in what nature left out "..............nice talking to you ;)

• Like 3

my point is this bud,

best of luck

Your absolutely spot on about treating every animal as an individual but the claim that you 100 percent know any dog you have would not bite is a very big claim indeed.

Personally, I don't think anyone can claim 100 per cent anything about another sentient creature, being around dogs and horses my whole life has taught me that you never know any animal 100 percent guaranteed......no one in the world has total control over anything that can think for itself.

• Like 2

100 % no doubt, its not about control, its about understanding the nature of the beast,

time to walk the mutts , many thanks for your input gentlemen,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think that is a very dangerous attitude to have around any dog and especially dogs that are capable of doing real damage......that's how f**k ups happen IMHO

Bosun made the best comment on bull breeds when he said he wasn't qualified enough to own a true well bred bull........IMHO, these are the type of people who should own them because they are humble enough to take extra care and pay attention.

I man once told me "be humble"......it very good advice.

Really enjoying these couple of " big dog" threads.....good reading chaps

I feel sorry for the dog as it is obviously uncomfortable being where it is, but i also feel sorry for the presenter as she obviously doesn't know how to behave around strange dogs, anyone who can read a dog would never in a million years have put themselves in the position she did with that dog. Sad thing is she did and the outcome was terrible for her and the dog, i wouldn't say the dog done a full on attack as the damage would have been A LOT worse, i would say the dog was telling her to get back out its face, not good for the dog to behave in that manner but it cant exactly tell her push her hit her or kick her can it???? a dog only has his teeth to defend or attack, my grandchildren would never do to any dog what that presenter done.I wouldn't say it was a "bad" dog i'd say it was a bit unsociable under stress and the owner should have known not to put the dog or anyone in that position..............a bad dog i have witnessed when i was young, my friend and i were in her garden and her mum was walking back into the house when the family pet doberman jumped on her mums back and attacked her horrendously, she ended up with over 500 stitches, that in my opinion is a bad dog who deserved being pts.

My mum also was attacked by an Alsatian when I was a kid. The neighbours dog (which was used as a guard dog and hardly ever walked) had escaped. The owner got the dog and only tucked the lead under the collar and it suddenly lept at my mum and did some really nasty damage. She had to have a skin graft. My dad got the dog off her but ended up with a huge cut from his wrist to his thumb and a load of nerve damage. Nasty business.

I haven't read all of the replies but lets remember this dog nearly drowned 16hrs before it was put on the show with strange noises, smells, people and bright lights, it shouldn't have been there in the 1st place, he should have been at home recovering and resting, the dog DID show warning signs, he wasn't lapping up the attention, he was showing stress, watch this video of a follow up from a behaviourist, its a shame that people put dogs in situations they can't cope with and ultimatley it is the dog who suffers!! I do feel sorry for the presenter but honestly, why was she in the dogs face like that!

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/living/myfox_pets/120210-anchor-bitten-by-dog

• Like 3

Casso, i see totally where you are coming from. I would tend to lean towards your arguement, having a few dogs and spending very close proximity time is different than spending limited time with a yard of 30 plus dogs. Dont listen to gnasher , hes fecking banned from owning dogs which speaks volumes in itself LOL! sorry gnash you asked for that one !

Edited by Gunner123
  • Like 1

Casso, i see totally where you are coming from. I would tend to lean towards your arguement, having a few dogs and spending very close proximity time is different than spending limited time with a yard of 30 plus dogs. Dont listen to gnasher , hes fecking banned from owning dogs which speaks volumes in itself LOL! sorry gnash you asked for that one !

Laughing at another mans misfortunes :blink: ................i bet your a real popular guy.

Did you have something genuine to say on the thread or did you just rock in to talk like a c**t on what has been a very good thread so far?

I'll talk how I see fit and won't be told to talk otherwise. Simple. I for one wouldn't go posting some of the personal comments people post on here! They do, then for sure have to expect comments good or bad! Bullies hang out in couples, huhhimm. Lowest form of human nature, wipe that proverbial poo of your nose WILF and keep it out of gnashers arse.