WHEN YOUR DOGS RUNNING DAYS ARE OVER

Seems like he has done you proud jim and a man couldn't ask for a better mate. Its a pity a lot more folk dont treat the old warriors the same, i hear such talk as bringing them in the house makes them soft and such like, what a load of crap. My dog jim is kenneled, but i let him in the house when i get in from work and also do the same as you and take him everywhere in the motor with me, visiting mates and even if i nip too the shops. I would rather the dog be with me in the motor then stuck in his run, its all about creating that special bond with your canine hunting partner/mate. Plus i just enjoy being with the dog :thumbs:

Thats the way fellas. I take my 4 dogs out in rotation to the paper shop every morning in the motor as well as the same as Freelance :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I HERE PEOPLE SAY THATS IT ,ME DOGS PASSED IT,,IT COMES TO EVERY 1,,AND EVEN US,LOL, SNIPE STILLS GO,S OUT BEHIND THE MOTOR, 3/4 TIMES A WEEK ,3/4 MILE, AND THEN FOR A WALK ROUND THE FEILDS TO LEY HIS

here is my old bitch fran, sadly gone now worked her all the way through her life,she was a fantastic jumper but as she got older she got heavier due to not going out as often, aged about 10 in pic, a

There is a definite attitude that its somehow more manly to ''get rid'' or pts once they can't work as much but i believe it betrays a serious lack of character on the owners part,getting rid of what

Posted Images

here is my old bitch fran, sadly gone now worked her all the way through her life,she was a fantastic jumper but as she got older she got heavier due to not going out as often, aged about 10 in pic, and in her head could still jump the sheep net with the 2 strands above, but got caught up snaped her tendon,i weighd up my options and thought even thoe its the end of catching days still wanted her around a great gard dog, and loyal friend, i owed her, she had brought me hundreds of hours of happiness and at the age of up to 8 was still catching like a young dog, infact put some of my mates to shame just think she got wiser and more cunning lol. I know and have friends who think of there dogs like tools and get rid at 5, and seem to have no emotion but i think loyalty is key in anything we ,the old dog recovered but walked with a limp, it was a privalage to have known her franpot.jpg

• Like 3

all my dog have been house trained, and stayed in the kennel so i could do what i liked in or out anyone can call me soft for letting them in the house im not bothered Thats the way i want it

//////// his not soft takeing them in the house,,, ITS THE SOFT LURCHER MEN THAT CAN NOT BRING THEM IN THE HOME,, BECAUCE THEY DO WHAT THEIR MRS SAY S I DONT WANT IT IN THE HOUSE WHEN COMES DOWN TO THAT,, THATS WHEN SHE GO,S,,,LOL
  • Like 1

There is a definite attitude that its somehow more manly to ''get rid'' or pts once they can't work as much but i believe it betrays a serious lack of character on the owners part,getting rid of what should be heading for a well earned retirement.

No surprise when i look at the sort of cretin that has always seemed to infest the lurcher world.

• Like 3

My retiring old girl still loves the odd lamp or mooch about now but just gets tired out quicker, i to take her everywhere with me, she is so easy to take places now she has mellowed, she loves a trip in the motor to the shop or the local and she is now a full time house dog with the sofa and my bed being the favourate spots, she has worked hard and well for me over the years so she deserves the easier, pampered lifestyle now!

• Like 1

I've got a 6 1/2 year old in the kennel just now, and she has been, and still is, a top class dog. I dread when she gets to old to do what she was bred for.... not because I'll get rid of her; no, she'll be with me for life, but when I go to get the lamp, or go to put my "walking boots" on she goes crackers, knowing she's going working ! When I have to leave her in and take the other dogs out, it'll break my and her hearts ! But that's a few years away yet !

Cheers.

• Like 2

It's a bit of a fine line between taking the old dog out for the ride with you, and wanting to spend one on one time with the young dog. I nearly always take my old dog lamping and running with me when I take me young dog as he dosnt really get in the way, but sometimes I feel like I need to leave him at home so I can have one on one time with the pup. Then you feel bad for leaving him.

I HERE PEOPLE SAY THATS IT ,ME DOGS PASSED IT,,IT COMES TO EVERY 1,,AND EVEN US,LOL, SNIPE STILLS GO,S OUT BEHIND THE MOTOR, 3/4 TIMES A WEEK ,3/4 MILE, AND THEN FOR A WALK ROUND THE FEILDS TO LEY HIS HAIR DOWN,,, TO SLOW THE AGEING DOWN A LITTLE KEEPS HIM FROM,GROWING OLD I HOPE, AND COMES FERRETING WITH ME AL,MOST ALL THE TIME, ,,HES IN THE HOUSE WITH ME,, SO HE HAS THE COMFORTS, AND FIND MESELF TALKING TO HIM,LOL,,, BUT MORE SO I TRY AND TAKE HIM EVERY WHERE WITH ME, HE CAN SPEND MANY OF A HOUR DRIVING ROUND WITH ME,,,ITS BETTER THAN A WALK IN THE MORNING, FOR 20 MINS THEN BACK TO THE KENNEL. WHAT MORE CAN YOU DO,,,,ANY ONE ELSE DO THE SAME FOR THE OLD HUNTERS,,.,, AND I STILL FEEL BAD WHEN I TAKE ME PUP OUT, AND LEAVE HIM,,,LOL

fair play mate respect your dogs as they have served you well its only when they are gone you will miss them

there's no feeling better than a terrier that makes it.

there's no feeling worse than a terrier that fakes it.

all men talk of great ocks they've had,

none ever mention the currs and the bad.

a really good ock comes along one in ten.

so there's nine quitters out there you dont want again.

i've had my share of the ones that cant hack it,

wont stay on a fox but will murder rabbit.

because of these terriers, the spoofers and fakes,

we should be gratefull make no mistake.

if it wasn't for them and all the heart ache they serve.

we wouldn't give the good ones they respect they deserve.

treat your true workers like gods,they'll always give all.

happily die to answer your call.

the memory of some will come and will pass,

of truly good workers their memory will last.

if i live til im eighty i'll count myself blessed,

if i've but a handfull of ocks that passed the real test.

look after your workers.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_492724', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_492724', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '492724' }, parseInt('0') );