ADVICE PLEASE LADS

HI ALL.BAUGHT A 19 MONTH SALUKI OF OV TONY BURNS AND ROBIN WHITES MATE AND HAD HIM ABOUT 3 WEEKS OR SO AND HES SETTLED IN FINE WITH ME OTHER LURCHER UNTILL TODAY. WENT OUT A WALK AND MY OLDER DOG KILLD 1 AND RETRIEVED IT AND BOTH OF MY DOGS STARTED FIGHTING.I TOOK THEM HOME WITH THE BIG BUNNY A\ND SKINNED IT IN BAK GARDEN.THESE DOGS ARE TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER NOW.I HAVE A DOUBLE KENNEL AND JOINT RUN BUT CANT BE TOGETHER THE DOGS CANT.I DONT KNOW WHY THEY ARE FIGHTING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO? GUTTED IF I HAVE TO SELL MY NEW DOG BECAUSE THE OLD DOG WAS HERE 1ST

post-64738-0-33443900-1328811944.jpg

possibly the new dog being around has put a fair bit of pressure on your other 1st dog and hes not in a happy place so lashing out to show whos boss.....any fighting with muzzles on should sort out the problem but if it goes on then id keep both dogs still but only use em single handed one on one with you to build back your trust and bond.....sounds like a bit jealousy here...the reason i only have bitches in my kennel as theyre calmer and sort their hierachy out better than dogs do,much happier kennel mates i reckon......i found it out years ago owning terriers,(all male)...theyd fight like hell for attention and was a job to keep em from rippin into each other....the problems worse when kids and other people are around as im not havin someone nipped tryln to break them up or stop em fighting or such like.....a happy dog is a calm dog...good luck whatever you decision is mate......sure it'll sort itself out :yes:

Anybody in their right mind wouldnt stand and let 2 dogs at it..with or without muzzles...stick 1 in the house and get your pen/run split into 2 quick as you like...some dogs never forget and will constantly fight whether top dog or not simply because of a dislike and nothin else..if thats the case then you wont cure it so then its time to get rid of 1 or the other..atb stabba

• Like 1

you should be the leader of the pack and not one of the dogs, your word should be enough to put an end to it, but best kept seperate in kennel, cos ya cannot be there 24/7, agree with stabba about lettin em fight with muzzles, that wont help the situation at all, best of luck gettin it sorted, is it litter brother to Paddy that R ran for J in comp? Paddy put on a good show day we was out and he still a very young dog as well, plenty time to improve and learn