Cheap, simple, but bloody marvellous!

Was having a clear out of my garage this evening when I came across an old camera tripod.

Well, it was just about to go in the bin, when I thought to myself, now that could make a pretty good rifle rest.

I thought about adapting the detachable "shoe" to fit the rifle but couldn't really see much benefit in having to attach the rifle to the tripod, too time consuming!

So for a simple solution, I simply taped a sponge to the top with gaffer tape, (waterproof) and tried it in the garden, Fantastic! Totally adjustable legs for any type of ground, can have it low for kneeling shots or high for standing shots.

I'm going to attach a strap so I can throw it over my shoulder, and I have a rock solid, fully adjustable, light, cheap shooting stand!

• Like 3

Was having a clear out of my garage this evening when I came across an old camera tripod.

Well, it was just about to go in the bin, when I thought to myself, now that could make a pretty good rifle rest.

I thought about adapting the detachable "shoe" to fit the rifle but couldn't really see much benefit in having to attach the rifle to the tripod, too time consuming!

So for a simple solution, I simply taped a sponge to the top with gaffer tape, (waterproof) and tried it in the garden, Fantastic! Totally adjustable legs for any type of ground, can have it low for kneeling shots or high for standing shots.

I'm going to attach a strap so I can throw it over my shoulder, and I have a rock solid, fully adjustable, light, cheap shooting stand!

Hi Halfinch.

That sounds like a propper job........my 'ansome.... :D:thumbs:

Bill.

• Like 1

As they say on Blue Peter: here's one I made earlier...LOLpost-56337-0-44330500-1329543855.jpg

Someone's been on St Austell's chief export again!

Smells like at times lol

ENOUGH........ :tongue2::laugh:

Someone's been on St Austell's chief export again!

Smells like at times lol

ENOUGH........ :tongue2::laugh:

The way you two are arguing sounds more like Walter Hicks than proper job. I am rumoured to be getting a bottle of Hicks rum for me birthday, oh well, if I get that lay back as I will forget how to stand up!