cartridges for hares

I know shoot im going on takes those type of numbers each year ! The land owner wants a cull does every year to help prevent damage. ! Hey im not gonna feel guilty for going and im sure I will enjoy it ! To those who have given advice thank you and to others each to their own

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you aint no dog man mate , i moved from where i was born to live on the fens all i have ever done is coursing 40 plus years i packed it in when it was baned , i now have rifle and shotguns and plenty

I hope that the first one you shoot screams like a small child and puts you off shooting another ever again. Totally unsporting and a waste of a fine animal.

You say they do no harm but next saturday we will shoot over 300 hares. A few Hares on a field is fine, but when you get into numbers like that, they start doing some damage to the fields. They do one

I find a well placed 17grain HMR round does the job very well.

Were loads on my permissions I was asked to thin them out a bit by the farm managers.

This topic is bound to get some stick from the dog brigade as we all know its their right to take hares with their long dogs :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by masmiffy
  • Like 1

Were loads on my permissions I was asked to thin them out a bit by the farm managers.

This topic is bound to get some stick from the dog brigade as we all know its their right to take hares with their long dogs :whistling: :whistling:

As a shooting person and a previous coursing fan, shooting hares is no feat. As for control shooting them does nothing to maintain a healthy population as preference will always be the stronger bigger hares because people who shoot are only there to control numbers and not bragging rights....

Booked a day myself in about 12 days time....i used to live for running hare's but dont do it any longer as much as i'd love to, just cant afford to take the risk...i've shot a few hare's but never been on a specific hare shoot...cant wait, and wont loose a wink of sleep...im talking number 4's with me if thats any help.

As a shooting person and a previous coursing fan, shooting hares is no feat. As for control shooting them does nothing to maintain a healthy population as preference will always be the stronger bigger hares because people who shoot are only there to control numbers and not bragging rights....

Surely its gotta depend on the dog!

If its one of the bragged about ones on here then it wont matter how big or strong the hare is!

nowt wrong wee shootin hares. loads near me. i find them quite a weak willed animal,'despite there size' and a rabbit or squirrel takes a harder knock to stop it than a hare does. i'v seem em., roll over to 30gr 6's. i would say to be fair though take 32gr 5's. have a good un'.

I hope that the first one you shoot screams like a small child and puts you off shooting another ever again. Totally unsporting and a waste of a fine animal.

When i caught my first hare in a snare it screamed but it didnt stop me setting snares again :thumbs:

At the end of the day its each to there own.There seems to be a thing on here where the only way to kill a hare is by coursing well its banned so get over it.i will wait now for the post that will say

THERES A BAN :icon_eek::whistling:

F@CK THE BAN

The same old crap :thumbs:

Hope you have a good day MRG get some pics if you can :victory:

• Like 1

been on alot of hare shoots over the years, most guns would use bb 40gr and we would use lurchers to retrive the ones that were hit but still running. and i think you can still use a lurcher to retrive a injured hare but you would have to check, not only did it stop any suffering to the hare it was good to have shooters and lurchers men working together

Strictly no dogs of any kind on this day ! My mate who has done a few before tells me that each fiis boxed with. With a line of beating guns pushing through the middle. Think this is standard. Way of doing it ?

Booked a day myself in about 12 days time....i used to live for running hare's but dont do it any longer as much as i'd love to, just cant afford to take the risk...i've shot a few hare's but never been on a specific hare shoot...cant wait, and wont loose a wink of sleep...im talking number 4's with me if thats any help.

Your no dogman in my eyes, past or present.

Anyone who was into it in a big way could never stoop that low.

The ultimate althlete in the Brittish countryside completely outmatched by a triggerhappy fool.

Sad.

And before you say anything I did and still do my fair share of shooting when neccesary.

FTB

• Like 1