LAMPING DOGS FROM VEHICLES VS LAMPING DOGS ON FOOT

we often here differences of opinion about working dogs out of a motor and working them on foot. many say you put more game infront of a dog by driving round fields etc etc and others say its better to walk etc etc.

in your opinions is there much of a difference in the quality and performance of the fully trained dogs?

is a dog that is worked from a vehicle better or worse than a dog that is worked from walking the ground?

better for the dog walking i think because the dog is warmed up and streched before any work instead of bailed out of motor and expected to perform 100 percent

can only speek for myself,, but i prefered to get the dogs by the side of the motor,, even then giving them 5 mins to just trot along and go toilet ect,, befor you run them proper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do both,   I do prefere to lamp for the car when its possiable, Cause you do see more game round me by doing that if i tryed to walk the land we drive at night it would take me a fornight on foot.

Ya but there arse-holes they very same thing happens while on foot, Leaving game worrying stock gates left open fences cut ect ect, Youll get the idoits EVERYWHERE   When i say driving land i mean d

Do some folk do that? Whats the point in that then. Surely now you are giving the advantage to the game you run as the dogs will be getting tired? I'll just go back to the other point about 'turning

I like walking the feilds, have lamped of the back of the van (road side) with good results bagfulls of fox and hare pre ban, never drove feilds..

Remember reading a good good few years ago some poor soul died lamping, scooby rolled..

I aint done this dogs running along the side but I dont like the sound of it. JMO

I like walking the feilds, have lamped of the back of the van (road side) with good results bagfulls of fox and hare pre ban, never drove feilds..

Remember reading a good good few years ago some poor soul died lamping, scooby rolled..

I aint done this dogs running along the side but I dont like the sound of it. JMO

There's been a few deaths by rolling scoobys mostly young lads who buy dogs and a motor and don't know how to do it right and the lay out of the land rutts and such

cant see thier being many times of the year you could drive the fields,crop damage,grass damage,to wet,or crops at full hight.i prefer walking,i can see cars,lights ,hear cars,people,get the wind in my favour,and if i see farmer etc or any nosey f...k i vanish.i do trot the dog along side the truck in the day for fitness tho.

cant see thier being many times of the year you could drive the fields,crop damage,grass damage,to wet,or crops at full hight.i prefer walking,i can see cars,lights ,hear cars,people,get the wind in my favour,and if i see farmer etc or any nosey f...k i vanish.i do trot the dog along side the truck in the day for fitness tho.

I'm free when I'm out trust my senses,Always have a panic attack when i get back in car suddenly cant see or hear,even on permission,Press the central locking before i even put keys in. :D
  • Like 1

ive tried both methods and am no expert by any means but the bags are alot bigger by doing it from motor or should i say are of more types of game if thats what you after but and lads this is only my view you cant train pups from motor as good as on foot and me myself like walking up on gear ive had some good bags doin both methods but still prefer to walk but its a bummer when you walk for 3 or 4 miles and get very little and thats when the motor comes in lot of lads like the big bags and dont like going out and its shite on fields they would rather travel and do fields from motor increasing their chances of a good night if its dun with respect of crops and fences then what the hell each to their own

I'm free when I'm out trust my senses,Always have a panic attack when i get back in car suddenly cant see or hear,even on permission,Press the central locking before i even put keys in. :D

Same here :laugh:

• Like 1

Same here :laugh:

and me ,ha. if someones going find ya its at your vehicle i get well paranoid aproaching motor,and jump in a speed off .dont even think of a hand resting on your shoulder from the back moll....................sorry..

no way can you run a dog at the side of a motor and catch more,what if the rabbit runs to the car,bang the dog hits the car and its brown bread,

well i never said my best bags were in the motor,, although i have had 40... as for the rabbits running to the motor that can happen ,, but usualy the dogs have good vehicle sence,,, but i have hurd of accidents

I do both but do like lamping from the motor put way more game in front of your dog but I do like a good walk round the places you carnt get in the jeeps

imo walking is better there is nothing in the fields next to the roads so go a few fields back and you get a run or two,only go driving the roads if we are going for the reduns :thumbs: ALL WITHIN THE LAW OF COURSE :icon_eek:

no way can you run a dog at the side of a motor and catch more,what if the rabbit runs to the car,bang the dog hits the car and its brown bread,

You really have no idea what your talking about do you? :laugh:

• Like 2