bushing terriers

If its just for bushing [not ratting or earth work later on] i,d go for a good working cocker/springer instead of a terrier, but i also like the look of the terrier X spanials that folk are useing, infact, thinking about it, the X would be my first choice.

Edited by buster gonads

If you go the terrier route train it not to go to ground unless told to, it is a pain training them to wait but it's worth the time spent as there is some places local that I wouldn't attempt after too many years in the game :yes: , good luck whatever route you take :thumbs:

in our little pack we have my two spaniels, my border X russell, her sire a russell, her mother a border, and then two borders brother and sister out of the old border bitch, the borders are hit and miss, the bitch is excellent when she chooses to be, the dog in my opinion is a pot licker, and there Dam is past it but comes for a wander.

You need to know your ground well and as mentioned try getting dogs to enter on command, if around an earth.

but i think there is a massive scope for a bushing dog, all depends what you like,