Strokes pulled by keepers .

In one of my positions as a keeper years ago ,I was underkeeper to an arogant,self centred ,tight headkeeper who insisted we did the lamping his way .Not that he came with us ,he just set out the route and we had to stick to it or face a public bollicking in front the boss who knew no better and was afraid of the headkeeper .The foxes soon got used to the frequency of these outings and the route we always took .We shot a few foxes of course but me and the other chap both new we could do much better .

What we decide on was to drive the quad near his house at the times he would expect us to pass by and shine the lamp in the windows,sitting room at 10pm and bedroom at 2am .Between these times we deviated from the route and checked out areas previously unlamped and of course our kills improved no end .The foxes and all other vermin were hung on gibbets back then and we were paid a small fee per head killed .

The headkeeper noticed the tally increase and was savage that we were getting more vermin money than him .We knew he had twigged on what was happening but couldnt say nowt as the boss was praising his lamping route .lol.

Yeh it's funny with a bit power how people change isint it.Iknow that they carry the can on shoot day's etc but it's the boy's under them that can carry some of them & some are full of there own self's & ken it a.

i used to work for a head keeper and he was the same sort of stamp if i surgested some think to him his reply was "you are paid to work not to think that is his job" lot of good that did him 15 years ago was a head keeper now he is part time :clapper: and now im the single handed boy :big_boss:

The old headkeeper i worked for said he wasn't feeling to good, and could i feed his woods as well. No bother...the last wood would need two full feedbags which he kindly filled and left by the gate for me. The field was an absolute quagmire and when i got to the wood after sliding/skiding about all the way up,i was totaly knackered...about a quarter of the way up the wood, i scooped into the bag and i touched something rough...the old bugger had put a couple of big rocks in each bag. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The old headkeeper i worked for said he wasn't feeling to good, and could i feed his woods as well. No bother...the last wood would need two full feedbags which he kindly filled and left by the gate for me. The field was an absolute quagmire and when i got to the wood after sliding/skiding about all the way up,i was totaly knackered...about a quarter of the way up the wood, i scooped into the bag and i touched something rough...the old bugger had put a couple of big rocks in each bag. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

the old bugger, sounds like he was up for a :laugh:

a couple of years ago i had millet and molly up for a bit of lamping with the dogs the farm was covered in rabbits and the farmer was only to happy in his words to have some one do the job properly any way after informing him id be about we we arrived parked the motor behind the barn and continued for an hour or so lamping in which time i think we had over 30 rabbits .

then off on the moor we saw a lamp flashing about it was coming over the moor towards us and after about 15 mins it started to approach us as we were now behind the farm house the time was 9.30 pm any way a lamp was shone directly at us blinding us ignorant b*****ds :censored: i approached the land rover to the rough tones of what you fecking doing on here :angry: two of them one with the biggest red nose iv ever seen and both cheeky feckers his exact words to us were your keys are sill in the ignition your money is still in the glove box and the best bit your tyres are still up this time :censored: well to say i was a bit put out by his manner was an under statement i told him politely to contact the farmer and stop being a prick he also said i want you off here by 12 midniight so where are you going now i looked at him and said back on the fields look at your watch mate giving him a bit of sarcasim back as it is only 9.37pm then ill cross over the river and do the other side which has nothing to do with you he wasnt very happy about that and all i did was walk away so he drove off back down the track he had phoned the farmer who was out with his wife for a drink but i had phoned first and was told to ignore the prick as he was in the farmers words very up him self iv since had dealings with the guy with the big nose he lives in a rented farm cottage iv told the farmer about the greif i was getting from him and his keeper mate the farmer has since told this guy to wind his neck in or find somewhere else to live :) no wonder keepers get bad reputations if that was the first time anyone had met one :censored: saying that i have a good few keeper friends who would give you the shirt off there backs and nicer people you couldnt wish to meet :yes:

LIKE YOU SAY WOODGA , SOME ARE THE NICEST FELLAS YOU COULD MEET I HAVE TWO THAT ARE GOOD MATES OF MINE DOWN HERE, BUT ITS ALWAYS A FEW THAT SPOIL IT.

THIS LAST SEASON ME NOBBY AND FIELDMARSHAL HIS MATE AND 11 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER OF HERE WERE DOING SOME FERRETING BOARDERING THE SWINITHWAITE ESTATE NORTH YORKSHIRE .

ANY WAY WE HAD STRAYED OVER IN TO THE WRONG FIELD COMPLEATLY BY ACCIDENT. WHEN FROM NOWHERE THIS BIG RED HAIRED KEEPER COME. HURLING ABUSE SWAERING AND GENNRALY BEING A WANKER. CALLING US POACHERS AND ALL SORTS.

I MEAN FOR FECS SAKE WE HAD AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL WITH US , SHE MUST HAVE BEEN SHITING HERSELF. HE WAS VERY INTIMDATING.

AND IT WAS A GENUIN ACCIDENT WE HAD STRAYED. THERE IS NO REASON FOR US TO STRAY AS WE HAVE LOADS OF PERMISION THERE AND THE ARE TONS OF RABBITS . BUT THIS c**t WAS HAVING NONE OF IT.

IT GOT TO THE PIONT WHER IF HE HAD CARRIED ON WE WERE GOING TO BE ROLLING ROUND .

ANY WAY I FECKED OF AFTER HE WENT AND TOLD THE OWNER, HE SAID TAKE NO NOTICE OF THAT c**t I WANT YOU HERE AS YOUR DOING A GOOD JOB.

NOW IF WE HAD BEEN POACHING DEER OR PHESANTS THEN FAIR ENOUGH BUT A BIT OF FERREING WITH A YOUNG LASS PRESANT , ANY NORMAL PERSON COULD TELL WE WERE NO THREAT TO HIS LIVLYHOOD.

BUT IM SURE WE WILL BUMP IN TO HIM AGAIN :yes: