Male Harris and pheasants

obi2

last season i got a mhh as i had to get rid of my fhh , anyway it was near the end of the season and by the time i got his weight right i didnt have long with him before the molt , but he had hold of a couple of pheasent but just couldnt keep hold of em , also a couple of ducks . so this season i thought he will have a good go at them , but to be honest hes not that bothered about them witch is a bit frustrating,i got a pheasent lure that he hits hard every time , but not to bothered otherwise ????

Edited by mickmck

Harris's will do good on pheasant in release pen's but as far as flying them in fair flight in the colder monthes they are a waste of time..it's like saying will a jack russel catch a hare.. :D

I beg to differ.......... :whistling:

• Like 2

Harris's will do good on pheasant in release pen's but as far as flying them in fair flight in the colder monthes they are a waste of time..it's like saying will a jack russel catch a hare.. :D

So what would you say they are good for?

I beg to differ.......... :whistling:

:D :D

moorhen's and rabbit's.. :victory:

moorhen's and rabbit's.. :victory:

Why would you want to hunt moorhens??

off of trees, we would flush the feild towards the hawks, easy done, and simple.

as for moorhens............dont let your bird near them.

How come?? I don't see a point in hunting them anyhow.