Game Over

so sorry to hear about dog,ive lost a few a night and its not nice,as said allready allways check the land most farmers a messy b*****ds leave,barbed wire rolls about,machinery,tree stumps,scrap metal,etc so if poss check the land in the daylight,also some lurcher boys idea of good land is different to yours.

some lads i know dogs are allways up laid when i asked were they run all became clear its an area covered in flint,now i wont run mine on that stuff.some will run on frozen ground,plough,rape stalks, golf courses which i wont as had injurys here also,i seen a prat run his dog in the summer on good flat ,clean land only for the dogs foot to go down a massive crack in the clay,at full pelt.....not nice viewing. what im saying is when you slip your dog be sure you now the land.

Edited by Qbgrey

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant believe the.amount of absolute w a n k e r s on here the boys just lost his dog at 17 years of age n yous are rippin the piss, bang out of order dare to call yersel dog lovers. all the best mate

Some right heartless cowards on this site. Look at the big men knocking a 17 year old straight after her dog's been killed.....   Should I really expect any more from this site?   I can take peopl

Sorry to hear that R.I.P SOX , I run some moors up here with cliffs on but I would never get anyone to slip their dogs near them as it's common sense, i'll give you a pup when I breed my 2 if you are

Some right heartless cowards on this site. Look at the big men knocking a 17 year old straight after her dog's been killed.....

Should I really expect any more from this site?

I can take people ruining threads with bullshit and I can deal with the dick measuring contests but what some have said on this thread is pretty f*****g sickening.

Chill out pal, anger management for you. Nat shall i tell of my pm that I sent you last night or maybe Better coming from you..

It's alright pal haven't been a member long but iv learnt to just ignore some comments. There are some decent lads on this site tho,, iv had a few PMs Irish Lurcher being 1 of them offering help with pups and just general kind comments :)

I'm new to this game and only been running my 2 dogs for 3 years, accidents have happened but I'm yet to loose any, like you I think the world of my dogs and would be totally devastated if I loose one, it will happen but I hope it's doing what they was bred for, plus in a few seasons time and hopefully after I have a litter off Millie, my feelings go out to you nat, R.I.P SOX !!!!

I'm new to this game and only been running my 2 dogs for 3 years, accidents have happened but I'm yet to loose any, like you I think the world of my dogs and would be totally devastated if I loose one, it will happen but I hope it's doing what they was bred for, plus in a few seasons time and hopefully after I have a litter off Millie, my feelings go out to you nat, R.I.P SOX !!!!

I hope mine die old and peacefully, having lived life to the max and earned there rest.

• Like 1

Tonight was the first night iv ever gone out with someone on there permission and il never do it again! To cut a long story short went into 1 field slipped dog on a rabbit sat fairly close to hedge he turned 5 times made a Strike but it got away into hedge, and the dog followed. A couple mins later I hear a scream that il never forget it was my dog but it was worse than I thought. I thought he would of maybe hit a tree or something until the guy I was with sed 'shit I forgot about that cliff!' my heart sunk when the dig didn't come back ran out and round to the bottom of the cliff and It was no small cliff!! He was there, keep telling myself he died doing what he loved and it was short and painless but if I'd gone on my own this wouldn't of happened and he would be asleep in his crate now.

At 17 years old and it will be at least that before I go lamping again it's game over for me... RIP Sox

Cheers

Very sad story young man i feel for you........but as we all know when you dedicate yourself to dogs you will get some very high highs but also some very low lows..................a dogman lives off his knowledge and experience to avoid those lows but sadly at 17 years old there is not much knowledge and experience to go on so you just have to surround yourself with good people wherever possible or else as you have just learned it can be like the blind leading the blind....literally in this case !

You are at a great age to soak up knowledge/understanding and as disappointed as you feel right now time is on your side and you will quicky get the urge to get back on the horse so to speak....best of luck and keep your chin up.

Cant believe the.amount of absolute w a n k e r s on here the boys just lost his dog at 17 years of age n yous are rippin the piss, bang out of order dare to call yersel dog lovers. all the best mate pick yerael up n move on

you beat me to it was going to get to the end of the post before I said something similar mate can't see the fun in ripping a kid thats lost their first dog.

Nat: Thats a bad one mate, when you're ready get another dog and start again I'm sure it will help in the long run, just don't associate with that numpty who forgets bout a cliff again.

Keep your chin up mate

Iworkwhippets it was my beddiewhippet only 20mths bless him. He was buried tonight so it's actually sunk in now. It was shock and the spare of the moment thing that I said I wouldn't lamp again i think, il miss it too much