HELP can i own an air rifle again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi all.quick question, i came out of prison 4 years ago for a minor offence and want to get back into shooting. can i own another air rifle even tho ive been to prison.i have losts of permission? re

What was your sentence?   If you served 7 weeks, then I'd assume you were probably sentenced to 14 weeks, which is more than the three months and so you are a "prohibited person" and are not allowed

rang fire arms officer today. fcukin gutted i am.got to wait another year.cheers for advice gents

From the CPS:

• If the sentence was 3 years or more the prohibition is for life.
  • If between 3 months and 3 years and is in possession within 5 years of release.
  • This section does not apply to those sentenced to a Hospital Order.
  • The release papers include an acknowledgement of this requirement. This offence should attract a consecutive sentence, although in practice it is usually concurrent and treated as an aggravating feature of the other offence. A memorandum of conviction or certificate of conviction and a signed copy of the release form should be obtained.

So if your sentance (not how long you served as some people claim) is 3 months to three years you cant have one for five years.

Tony

Edited by Phantom

hi your

partner can own one,providing she/he is over the age of 18?

and you can spend some quality time together :thumbs:

Firearms

firearms.jpgThe BASC Firearms department is available to members for advice and information Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.00pm and on Friday from 9am – 4.30pm. Please note however that the department receives over 500 enquiries per month therefore there may be times when all lines are busy. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and ask you to keep trying or leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact details for the team are as follows:

Department telephone: 01244 573010 - Department fax: 01244 573013

Email: firearms@basc.org.uk

Please quote your membership number

good luck

Davy

a good shooting mate of mine son was done for a fire arm offence (all be it it was a lighter that happend to look like a 357,an he thretend some one with it) he has spent 18 at our mages servive, his dad (my mate) can no longer keep his guns at home, as other wise his son wont get bail.....as he was convicted for a firearms offence he or any one in the house is prohibited from any form of fire arms for life....(even blanks reps..or as he had some £10 lighter that looks like a gun.)

was the lads fault hes inside,,,,act like a want to be gangster then do the time...but as above his dad that has shot for 30years now has to keep his guns at my house.....

I have just well in 12 weeks finish a criminal law degree, My advice would be not to ring BASC, I would ring you local fire arms unite. There you can quote the offence number and ask them directly for there advice. If the police clear you for the use of a fire arms then it will be fine. There are many presidents and loop holes which they should be aware of so you dont find your self foul of the law. Trust me the law as one famous quote puts it "The Law is an ass" . There is online legislation which you can read which is :

http://www.parliament.uk/search/results/?q=firearms+

This should contain reading to which may be useful, I have not provided my own knowledge as I have not yet graduated and could find my self in trouble. However this should be 'what you need' haha :thumbs:

What was your sentence?

If you served 7 weeks, then I'd assume you were probably sentenced to 14 weeks, which is more than the three months and so you are a "prohibited person" and are not allowed to have in your possession, or to use, any firearm for five years from the date of your release.

• Like 1