22 pistol & 410 pistol

Had the FA officer round earlier in the week, he could not see any problems with not issuing the 410 pistol licence. Now where do i go about trying to find one, all i am able to find is the falco 410 pistol which is two big for my liking, any sugestions?

Thanks

Rob

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be applying for both shortly, my reson for the 410 pistol is for shooting rats around farm buildings.

What are the best reason of owning the 22. pistol?

I do help with the terrier work twice a week for the local pack and help with humane dispatching of farm animals, currently with 410 shotgun, do i mension the terrier work side or should i just say for humane dispatch???

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Rob

Surley you have good reason before applying for a .22, you shouldnt have to ask around on here for a good reason. Why not get captive bolt for farm animals, as neither of the above is suitable if the aniumal is mobile.

i think its for humane dispatch after digging with terriers, the wont grant both and they wont grant 410 pistol for shooting rats around buildings.

im in the process or applying for a pistol license. i applied for a 410 for dispatch work(shooting fox) and got refused.

i enquired why, the reason being is the 410 is no longer allowed to be used for dispatching and only granted for shooting rats and small vermin around barns :huh: ..

they wanted me to apply for a 45 cal but ive since applied for a 22..

It is a 410 pistol.

Quite why the OP wants to "hide" the fact he wants a pistol for digging is beyond me,, thats a valid reason for getting one,, trying to kid on it`s for rats is a bit daft really,, any decent FLO is going to question that, and knock it back,

Say it`s for digging foxes and he`ll have more chance of getting it.

Wrong...

i put on my application it is for dispatching fox and digging.

the law has changed.

Well I told him that I needed the 410 pistol for shooting foxes that were legally dug and netted, and the occasional horse that needed to be put down. He was a sensible chap and he said there would be no problem. I think a covering letter sent in from our master who is registered with the MFHA helped things along.

Well I told him that I needed the 410 pistol for shooting foxes that were legally dug and netted, and the occasional horse that needed to be put down. He was a sensible chap and he said there would be no problem. I think a covering letter sent in from our master who is registered with the MFHA helped things along.

you got the ticket now then?

What ever happens i will let you know!

i would telephone the headquarters and express your concerns Robert rather than wait weeks and get the news i did then its simply a letter to change your chosen callibre.

I will give it a week, then phone to make sure that everything is in order!

What ever happens i will let you know!

i would telephone the headquarters and express your concerns Robert rather than wait weeks and get the news i did then its simply a letter to change your chosen callibre.

well a mates just put in for a .410 shot pistol for dispatch and has been granted that was monday

when i had the officer here i told him i was applying for a 410 which he said would be fine, as i said a few wks later he refused it as the law has changed.

so your friend has the ticket now and it states a 410 pistol for dispatch work?

what force is this with as i will be getting on the phone to kidlington once i know.