Sign in to follow this  
bunnys

few picture of 2011 mules

in case any one wonders what the bin liners round the birds for ,thee not long been catched up from flight keeps them calm so they dont smash theresells ,also keeps the damp off a them .atb bunnys

post-52342-0-84537500-1416144119.jpg my hens are turning five now so the need to breed some more stock hens his a must these 2 young cock birds have been fetched in for that very purpose ,sgregated elsewhere in solitary .a lutinored eye and a black eye all of common ancestory .sib bred .atb bunnys.

Very very nice bunnys.

As im new to the birds ( been 30 years)

Im starting a fresh.

Ive a few this year's goldie cocks coming by next weekend.

And gotta find myself some more white canary hens.

Along with a few greenies I was kindly gifted by fireman, I should be well on my way apart from an oddbird here and there.

• Like 1

good luck tufty with thy birds ,and that was a generous gift from fireman top man ,once agin good luckatb bunnys.

good luck tufty with thy birds ,and that was a generous gift from fireman top man ,once agin good luckatb bunnys.

Thanks bunnys

Wow what a set up and collection of birds, really is top notch. Your animal husbandry and eye for stock is outstanding, if I had somebody with your talents closer id consider trying the little birds with a mentor like yourself. I want to wish you all the luck in the world for the future, but I doubt luck plays much part in your breeding plan. Keep the pictures and advice comng please

• Like 2

Wow what a set up and collection of birds, really is top notch. Your animal husbandry and eye for stock is outstanding, if I had somebody with your talents closer id consider trying the little birds with a mentor like yourself. I want to wish you all the luck in the world for the future, but I doubt luck plays much part in your breeding plan. Keep the pictures and advice comng please thanks for the kind words johny atb bunnys

just read every post on this topic and loved them all- i was given 2 [supposedly] call birds[canaries] and he said they were only young birds and wont sing tilll next spring they are kept together and are ok with each other -could i have been conned or will they mature into singers -sorry for being a bit thick lads -billy

In mules only the cock bird sings

same with canaries.

You can not tell until the birds are older and not young.

If the birds are cock they should be starting to sing by now.

cheers tufty would it be better to seperate them or would they sing regardless-billy

They don't need separating.

put the radio on low mate one of them might need a little coaxing into singing.

If there is a cock bird there.

Edited by TUFFTY