• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hopes ya likes folks atb bunnys.

?

Posted Images

Cracking birds there mate. Were the variegated ones bred from pea throat cocks and dimorphics?

I HAVE NO PEA THROATED FINCHES , I HAVE HAD them in yrs gone by , and never bred a coloured bird . IN my room the canaries dictate the coloured birds , the present line goes back to 97 with little outcross . they consist of norwich and yes diamorphic , bred tight . i have bred from pure diamorphic and the results ratio wise are not has good has my line , the nests from my own line are lways 90 percent coloured variegatedand some hens 100 percent variegatd this line produces more coloured variegated than norma;ls now , each and every season the results have been improved on time dedication an patience and the will not to be swayed on your goal. I HAVE SEEN IN THE UERO TURKEY ETC THEY PRODUCE VARIGATED FROM UEMOS , WHICH IN ANY WAY THE RESULTS ARE PREDICTABLE , MYSELF STICK TO THE OLD GOLDEN RULE OF BREEDING GOOD SIB BRED HENS AND THEN TEST THEM GENETICALLY FOR COLOUR RATIO OF HENS COCKS PER NEST I HAVE AT TIMES BROODS OF SEVEN YOUNGSTERS PER NEST SO THE VIGOUR HIS ALSO GOOD , EACH SPRING BRINGS A STEP AND WANDERING AND WAITING FOR THE DIFFERENT MUTATION THAT MAY APPEAR HAVE BRED A NEAR ALL WHITE BIRD BARRING A FEW TICKS IN THE PAST , MY THIRST FOR THE CLEAR YELLOW BIRD THAT ELUDES HIS STILL HAS STRONG HAS EVER , I HAVE SEEN THESE PRODUCED BY MY LATE FARTHER GRANDFARTHER , BUT HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUKY MYSELF SOME FIRST SEASON HANS TO BE TESTED 212 WHO KNOWS AT B BUNNYS.
  • 2 weeks later...

For breeding them in or just keeping a few mules? You only need a couple of double breeders if its for having a go at breeding

Double breeders and flights for the youngsters,then extra flights or cages for if some don't get on.It's a hobby that grows and takes over space very quickly as my misses will tell you :laugh: .

It depends on what you want really atubby,a large(i don't do small cages personaly) cage will keep a couple of mules in ok but canaries,finches etc will want more space as soon there'll all be breeding or wanting to and some pairs can produce over a dozen youngsters a year hence the more space bit,have you any idea on what you want and there's plenty of experiance on here to help you. :thumbs: .

• Like 1

For breeding them in or just keeping a few mules? You only need a couple of double breeders if its for having a go at breeding

Double breeders and flights for the youngsters,then extra flights or cages for if some don't get on.It's a hobby that grows and takes over space very quickly as my misses will tell you :laugh: .

It depends on what you want really atubby,a large(i don't do small cages personaly) cage will keep a couple of mules in ok but canaries,finches etc will want more space as soon there'll all be breeding or wanting to and some pairs can produce over a dozen youngsters a year hence the more space bit,have you any idea on what you want and there's plenty of experiance on here to help you. :thumbs: .

thanks for the advice lads, i have a 6x4 shed so i could build a flight on to that (would that do)

I've a 6x4 shed built into my aviary but to be honest it's a bit of a waste of a shed just for the birds to roost in,i wish i had built off it and maybe wired it in half so i could use one half and the birds have the other half and use pop holes to get in or out.A 6x4 shed with a aviary built off it can hold a few pairs of different sorts i'd say with not to much bother and you'd still have a bit of space in there for the youngsters.