Getting back into Hunting.

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the forum so I thought I'd better introduce myself.

After a 10 year break I've been getting back into my hunting in the mid/north essex area and really enjoying it. I'm lucky having a couple of good permissions, one being a large wood and the other being a pig farm. (I've been following the recent ratting posts with much intrest).

I still have my HW35k from many years back (might upgrade soon) however the gun has been looked after and seems to be in good working order and the end result is the same... dead rabbit!

I do have one question regarding the HW35 and that is... Changing the breech seal washer... Is it a case of just popping the old one out and pushing a new one in or am I being too hopeful?

Happy Hunting!

Steve.

Hello, mate, and welcome to the forum :victory:

Yep it is as simple as just pulling the old one out and fitting a new one. As above, you can turn it round if your careful but for the sake of a couple of quid it's not really worth it.

Lovely old guns the 35. If it's not broke, don't fix it :laugh::thumbs:

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the forum so I thought I'd better introduce myself.

After a 10 year break I've been getting back into my hunting in the mid/north essex area and really enjoying it. I'm lucky having a couple of good permissions, one being a large wood and the other being a pig farm. (I've been following the recent ratting posts with much intrest).

I still have my HW35k from many years back (might upgrade soon) however the gun has been looked after and seems to be in good working order and the end result is the same... dead rabbit!

I do have one question regarding the HW35 and that is... Changing the breech seal washer... Is it a case of just popping the old one out and pushing a new one in or am I being too hopeful?

Happy Hunting!

Steve.

hi buddy

welcome to the mad house :thumbs:

POP IT OUT WITH A PIN!

as stated above for very little money you just as well buy a new one,if you take it out and turn it around,you will not get as good a seal.because the breach seal is flat one side and bull nosed the proper side hence a better seal :thumbs:

as I found out when I changed mine last year,but the rifle is in other hands now! a good springer all the same!

try here!

http://www.gunspares...d=24562&Search=

also get a price from here too!

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/

regards

Davy

Welcome mate, nice to have you on board.

Super rifle the 35, I am hoping to bring my old one back from Germany next month when I visit my mate there. I gave it to him as a birthday present but he is not allowed to shoot it there as it is over the German legal limit so I will bring it back with me and look after it for him till he visits in the summer.

It's V Mached and shoots pellet on pellet. Ive got some good plans for it.

My first 35 was stollen out my caravan years ago when i was young. I was gutted to loose it.

As the lads have said just change the seal and enjoy it pal, lovely rifles.

Si.

Hi Steve, I'm also new to this site (darrenm) and i have also purchased a new rifle with the expectation of finding a rough shoot, I used to shoot with a friend on an industrial site and a pig farm but he moved away and now I'm very nervous about approaching the land owner. Can you please the best way to approach the land owner or advise how I could search for a shooting buddy that already has permission that can introduce me to someone. I live near Dudley, I'm 41 yrs old, married with 2 children, I'm an engineering manager. Any help would be much appreciated. Darren

Thanks for all of your replies gents! I look forward to joining in on future topics :-)

As for gaining permissions, all of mine have come from people I know or more often than not friends of friends of friends who have put a good word in for me. Luck does play a part but getting to know as many people as possible can only help. Doing your homework first can help i.e check ordanance survey maps for public footpaths, if there are any running through a farmers land then I dont even bother (even with insurance). One tip that has helped me is pointing out to a farmer that you already shoot on nearby farms and name drop giving him the chance to see you are genuine.

Once again, thanks for the replies gents,

Steve H.

pop a card in post office offering free rat control (in some relavent area though)... best way i know of shaking the cob webs...two three box's of pellets worth in a week lol. (after you practice and suss your ret and revize your distances), your eyes change over the years...

Hi Steve, I'm also new to this site (darrenm) and i have also purchased a new rifle with the expectation of finding a rough shoot, I used to shoot with a friend on an industrial site and a pig farm but he moved away and now I'm very nervous about approaching the land owner. Can you please the best way to approach the land owner or advise how I could search for a shooting buddy that already has permission that can introduce me to someone. I live near Dudley, I'm 41 yrs old, married with 2 children, I'm an engineering manager. Any help would be much appreciated. Darren

hi buddy

welcome to the mad house!

these may help you?

http://www.thehuntin...r-of-liability/

good luck

Davy

Thanks for all of your replies gents! I look forward to joining in on future topics :-)

As for gaining permissions, all of mine have come from people I know or more often than not friends of friends of friends who have put a good word in for me. Luck does play a part but getting to know as many people as possible can only help. Doing your homework first can help i.e check ordanance survey maps for public footpaths, if there are any running through a farmers land then

I dont even bother (even with insurance). One tip that has helped me is pointing out to a farmer that you already shoot on nearby farms and name drop giving him the chance to see you are genuine.

Once again, thanks for the replies gents,

Steve H.

hi Steve

are you saying you have no shooting insurance?

if no? then I think this is irresponsible,at least have the respect for farmers land and livestock!

buy getting insurance

"just in case"

it costs so little

Davy

Agree with Davy about insurance mate..it's a must for that moment when something goes wrong.........Also Davy just been on your channel on the tube did you eventually fit a sling to your TX200 HC?..........my answer would have been no to that lol....thats a sexy looking rifle i even got a twitch lol....shame is wasn't .22 though mate