Out with the dog lamping tonight slipped her at a rabbit chassing it and turning it then i noticed a lane that ran up along the hedge in the field she chased it donw the lane and turned it and whilst she was turning she fell and the rabbit slipped into the hedge, when she was trotting back to me I said to my mate theres somthing not right here, im gonna check her feet, she came back and the lamp was turned off i stood over her and lifted up he leg , my mate turned on the lamp and my hand was covered in blood (Ohhhhh Fcukkk) rang an old hare coursing man i know he said just go home clean it out really well in warm salty water and bandage it up

So shes all cleaned out and bandaged up, but the bandage isnt that great and would be easy for her to rip it off so was wondering should i get a roll of this out of the vets http://www.equestriansupplements.co.uk/elite-wrap-selfadhesive-flexible-bandages-navy-blue-p-769.html

Keep it open and dont bandage it up.

Just lead walk her, it will take about 3 weeks to heal, good luck. :thumbs:

Yes, i took the bandage off and the wee stopping pad seems to be together but her foot has swelled up so I gave her half an anti-inflamitory to get the swelling down, was wondering should i use that terrahmycin blue spray that farmers use because im not using a bandage?

Thanks

depends how bad it is, if its just cut just keep clean and restricted excersise, if its ripped off then may need a vet but hard to say without seeing it.

No mate its not ripped off its just sliced through about half way i put the bandage on lastnight took it off this morning and it seems to be sticking back together, just her foot has swelled so i gave her half an anti-inflamitory tablet

Ive seen stopper's ripped/split and totaly gone..the best thing to do IMO is leave it open and let the dog deal with it it;s self.. :victory:

Here's one a bit worse than a damaged stopper that was more or less healed after a month...left to his own device's.

badfoot006.jpg

Edited by Millet

Ive seen stopper's ripped/split and totaly gone..the best thing to do IMO is leave it open and let the dog deal with it it;s self.. :victory:

Here's one a bit worse than a damaged stopper that was more or less healed after a month...left to his own device's.

badfoot006.jpg

saw one like that on a suluki/bull/grey when it healed there was a big lump of scar tissue on the side looked like an extra pad

That one healed spot on paulus.. :victory: ..i have had no end of split pad's on the terrier's and lurcher's over the years..for me they alway's look worse than the really are.

ive had 3 this season so far and get far more in the summer :laugh:

It will happen more in the summer through the little chav's smashing lambrini bottles all over the place.. :D

its worse when theyve ploughed brings all sorts of crap up on top and corrigated tin sheeting is a nightmare :laugh: :laugh: i had a dog that jumped out of an upstairs window onto a concrete patio and all that had done was take a stopper off :laugh: