Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

Hi Bill, hope you're well.

What was wrong with the Tench reg if you don't mind me asking? The only reason I ask is that I've recently picked up an AA S200 and am considering sending it away to have one fitted. Send us a PM if needed pal.

Glad the nightvision kit is looking promising, its something I've never really considered until recently.

ATB

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

What was wrong with the Tench reg if you don't mind me asking? The only reason I ask is that I've recently picked up an AA S200 and am considering sending it away to have one fitted. Send us a PM if needed pal.

Glad the nightvision kit is looking promising, its something I've never really considered until recently.

ATB

PM incomming Elliot.

The Nitesite is a brilliant bit of kit mate, well worth a look if your thinking about NV.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd
  • Like 1

ATB

PM incomming Elliot.

The Nitesite is a brilliant bit of kit mate, well worth a look if your thinking about NV.

i'll second that Bill! Thought my camcorder n1000 set up was good until i used the ns200. Excellent piece of kit that had made my shooting easier.

Hi Mick.

If you want your Ultra regd, have a word with XTX Air ( Darrin ) first class bloke.

XTX@XTX-AIR.CO.UK

Yep, cortazone....deep joy :D .....had the same for tennis elbow a few years back.

Tried the physio route, no joy after nearly 6 months now :censored:

Glad you sorted yours out ok mate :thumbs: but I bet the rats dont think the same :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks for the lInk Bill its something i will definatley consider.. I will post more pics when i get out next although have my hands full with my cocker pup at the moment!

Atb Mick

Hi Mick.

If you want your Ultra regd, have a word with XTX Air ( Darrin ) first class bloke.

XTX@XTX-AIR.CO.UK

Yep, cortazone....deep joy :D .....had the same for tennis elbow a few years back.

Glad you sorted yours out ok mate :thumbs: but I bet the rats dont think the same :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks for the lInk Bill its something i will definatley consider.. I will post more pics when i get out next although have my hands full with my cocker pup at the moment!

Atb Mick

Hi Mick.

Your welcome mate. :victory:

Look forward to the pics :thumbs:

Pup keeping you busy then :D .....been there :yes:

Bill.

• Like 1

Hi Mick.

XTX@XTX-AIR.CO.UK

ATB.

Bill.

Atb Mick

Hi Mick.

Your welcome mate. :victory:

Look forward to the pics :thumbs:

Pup keeping you busy then :D .....been there :yes:

Bill.

Pup certainly is mate. he's a good little fella though settled in well already and toilet training going well :thumbs: Here's a pic of little Louie..

002-7.jpg

• Like 1

He looks like a cheeky little bugger Mick, lot of character :D bit feet on him too.

Like the name :thumbs:

Been looking at these DVR units again, but still cant make up my mind, what to do. :hmm::D

The lightwieght batteries I ordered should be here this week.

Bill.

Got in from work and the little bugger made off with one of my slippers :laugh: .

Im in the same boat Bill. Defo want a lightweight battery and the dvr units look good just dont want splash me wonger on something that might dissapoint lol. Plus im looking at buying a ratting scope for the ultra rather than the pro-air ive got mounted on it at the moment :thumbs:

Mick

Hi Mick.

Buy him some slippers of his own for christmas mate, might stop him nicking your's :D

Pleased to say the light wieght batteries have turned up at last.

There was a problem with the last batch they had, so didnt send them out to me, but here now :thumbs:

Got them on charge as I type this.

So tomorrow night Ill be up with my mucker trying a bit of target work first off.

Might run the unit on the batteries here, and see how long they will power it up for. :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Well, I have had the Nitesite running for 3 hours now on the lightwieght battery, still going strong!!

I have attached the battery to the butt of the Sculptra.

The wiers are not a problem at all, they are tucked away nicely, handling will not be a problem at all.

Having a spare lightwieght battery, means that, at the moment, I am guarenteed at least 6hrs of use in the field, not that I will ever be out that long :laugh::whistling:

Here,s a picture of the set up now.

post-41269-0-84422200-1328700579.jpg

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

:laugh::tongue2: Darkone :whistling:

Pellets arrived for the Sculptra, so was able to zero the rifle in, and check sight marks this afternoon, in readiness to fit the Nitesite to it.

In the end I had left the nitesite running on the new lightwieght battery for 5 HOURS....and it was still going strong.

After zeroing I attached the nitesite to the Sculptra in daylight.

From 30yds, shooting at 12cm red discs, ten shots at each disc, I achieved good accuracy VERY easily with the nitesite.

Heres the taget.

post-41269-0-95688900-1328732508_thumb.jpg

Later, as it got dark, we wrapped some cheap plastic balls in tin foil, and used them as targets, again it was easy to hit them using the nitesite at 30 ish yds.

Both Rich and I hammered them.

We made up a target using small tin foil patches on paper, the nitesite lit the patches up well, and we again achieved good accuracy.

Camera gave up the ghost, Rich will post the pics :laugh:

A day or two ago, Rich and I lazed some trees in a nieghbouring field, out to 180yds.

We turned on the nitesite, and panned it across the field, we could clearly see two bunnies playing at the base of the tree on 8.5 X mag, eyes lit up nicely.

So this unit has a fair old reach for sure, MORE than enough to use with sub 12ftlb air rifles at night.

As I said before, the reach of this unit is handy to scan ahead and see whats out.

Do I think the nitesite is worth the money, and does it live up to expectations....in a word YES.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this unit to anyone, its brilliant.

Hope to be out with it on the bunnies or rats soon.

ATB.

Bill.

post-41269-0-32636600-1328734261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Yes Bill, it was excellent last last night very impressive, the shapes of the rabbits were very clear, and that was with some light pollution in the background from the town. Having a bit of a problem wih the pics, but i'll get there. I'm not the best shot in the world, but it was so easy to hit those balls, thrown at random, min 30yds, just holding the gun, no rest. With new gear coming up, it will have to be seriously good to beat the NS200, and now you got me thinking, you swine, you know i'm carefull with my money,

cheers Rich

Yes Bill, it was excellent last last night very impressive, the shapes of the rabbits were very clear, and that was with some light pollution in the background from the town. Having a bit of a problem wih the pics, but i'll get there. I'm not the best shot in the world, but it was so easy to hit those balls, thrown at random, min 30yds, just holding the gun, no rest. With new gear coming up, it will have to be seriously good to beat the NS200, and now you got me thinking, you swine, you know i'm carefull with my money,

cheers Rich

CAREFULL.......you say :icon_eek::laugh: :laugh:

Tighter than a camels arse in a sand storm :D

So....the seed is planted then, it is a pointless excersize trying to fight the urge :diablo: cant take it with you!!!

Glad you enjoyed it mate :thumbs:

Bill.

good shooting bill, now most importantly, if the rabbits arent out, can you retune the screen to pick up the only way is essex? :laugh:

looks a very impressive bit of kit mate, hows the filter working?

cheers, wurz

Edited by gurtwurz